Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay now hiding accepted best offers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Was just looking at some sold listings and clicked on a few "best offer" items to see what they actually sold for...and to my surprise discovered the sell price isn't listed, but replaced with a statement about "seller accepted a best offer" or somesuch.

When did this change occur? Roughly a week or so ago, I was researching Dillon Maples gold refractor autos and had no problem seeing the actual sales prices on all listings...including best offers.

Well, so much for those that tout ebay as establishing the market price of cards...you can't be the true arbiter of the marketplace if you're hiding sales data.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Yep
They have for a while now. Not sure why but I have seen this since early last week and was wondering why. I was able to ask a buyer what he paid for a card I missed that had a BIN of 50, he said he got it for 35, But I think it was less since he know I may what the card and would offer say 40-45 for it. I do what the card
but may just have to see if he lists it or not. :lol:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Just enter .au after the .com. So it will look like this. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-Bowman-Sterling-Prospect-Autographs-JGA-Joey-Gallo-Rangers-/360555947916?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item53f2cf278c

Freaking awesome man thanks I now see it sold for 31.00 bucks. I bought the other one for 38,99 so it was not to bad I got what I wanted
2012 Bowman Chrome Draft Red Refractor Jake Pintar Orioles rookie rc 1/5 #151 | eBay

Here is the one I bought the other day
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-BOW...0527368625?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5aed3ebdb1

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I think it's great for sellers. With all the changes they make to keep the buyers happy its nice to see them help protect profits.

I don't see how hiding ending prices protects sellers at all. I use the completed listings all the time to find prices for items that I'm not familiar with, so all this does is make me guess more when pricing items.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm curious if the FCB online price guide that updates daily records these newly ended BIN/BO listings or not.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ebay with a brand new low even for them. Nice kick in an upward motion to the *******.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I just noticed this today and remembered the thread. I think this will cause sellers to want the listed BIN prices versus what another seller actually accepted for the card.
Example: Several sellers list a card in the 350 -360 range. It would cause new sellers to do the same and expect people to pay that price for a card that was really selling for 300.
Its going to possibly inflate prices and cause more buyers to wait for auctions.

Also anyone notice that Non paying bidders now have 30 days to purchase items from one seller? At least my setting defaulted to this and I had to go in and change.
I had a buyer win an auction on Jan 12th, buyer has not paid, and ebay will not open a unpaid item case until Feb 13th. Its only a $11 card but I did not pay much attention to it and just realized how much this will hold up your inventory/purchasing. I normally ask for payment within 48 hours of the auction ending, and was able to change my settings to 4 day payment before a case is sent.

Last edited:

Members online