Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP, Stan "The Man" Musial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Greatest Cardinals player of all-time. He'll be missed.

Passed away at 92.

RIP, Stan. :(

Derrick Goold ‏@dgoold
#Cardinals great Stan "The Man" Musial died today in St. Louis at 5:45 p.m. local time. He was surrounded by family.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Cause of death?

Stan Musial ‏@stanthemaninc
Stan the Man passed peacefully at home at 5:45 pm tonight of natural causes. Life will never be the same without baseball's perfect knight.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
36360185.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Baseball has lost 2 great men today. I don't know if we will ever see another player like Stan :sad:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
STAN 'THE MAN' MUSIAL DIES AT 92

One night after his longtime friend and teammate Red Schoendienst was honored on his upcoming 90th birthday, fellow Cardinals Hall of Famer Stan Musial died quietly at age 92 at 5:45 p.m. Saturday at his St. Louis County home under Hospice care.

Musial’s family members who did not live here had gathered in the last day when Musial’s health had deteriorated. A family spokesman made the announcement.

Musial, who turned 92 in November, has been in declining health for the last several years, including being afflicted with Alzheimer’s disease. Lillian Musial, his wife of more than 70 years, had died last May 4.

Considered the greatest Cardinal of them all, Musial also likely was the most popular Cardinal of them all, continuing to make his home in St. Louis after his retirement in 1963.

Playing his entire 22-season career with the Cardinals, Musial is the franchise leader in virtually every category, including hits at 3,630, splitting them evenly at 1,815 at home and 1,815 on the road.

Selected to play in a record-tying 24 All-Star Games, Musial won seven National League batting titles.

Signed to a professional contract by the St. Louis Cardinals as a pitcher 1938, Musial was converted into an outfielder, where he made his major league debut in 1941.

At the time of his retirement, Musial held or shared 17 major league records, 29 National League records, and nine All-Star Game records. In addition to overseeing businesses such as Stan Musial and Biggie’s restaurant, Musial served as the Cardinals' general manager in 1967 and then quit after his team won both the National League title and World Series that year.

Musial was selected to the Major League Baseball All-Century team in 1999 and President Barack Obama presented Musial with the presidential medal of freedom, the highest honor that can be bestowed on a civilian, at the White House on Feb 15, 2011.

A bronze statue has stood outside the last two Busch Stadium facilities, now residing on newly-dedicated Musial Plaza. The inscription reads, “Here stands baseball’s perfect warrior. Here stands baseball’s perfect knight.”

bdangelo

Jul 5, 2009
Sad to hear about the passing of "The Man." Such a wonderful ambassador for the game. And an awesome player too.

Bob

Wow.

It's not often that the loss of an athlete brings out emotions. It happened with kirby puckett; Sean Taylor, and Ted Williams and now with Stan.

I never had chance to watch him play. I never met him. That speaks volumes of the man he was. That through stories of his on field greatness and word of mouth of his character his loss saddens me.

RIP

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I'm a huge Cub fan, but was always a big fan of Stan. I'm sure Cardinal fans feel the same about Ernie Banks. Musial will always be the greatest Cardinal ever.

Members online

Latest posts