Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How long before calling someone out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx
I have a trade in limbo atm, I sent my end some time ago and this person confirmed they recieved my end of the deal. This person said they were sick when I asked about their end of the trade and said they were too sick to send out. I get it, stuff happens but now this person won't respond to my pm's. Nothing in his history leads me to believe he's up to something nefarious (I hope) but the lack of communication is frustrating. So, how long once you stop hearing back from that person should you wait before putting them on blast?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I would do anything I could before calling them out (including contacting mods on the site, trying to determine if he has any buddies on the site who might be i touch with him outside the site etc.) The amount of damage you can do to a reputation by posting on the boards is huge. In some cases it's appropriate, but unless you are really confident there is no other explanation, I would do everything I can to find a better solution.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The too sick to ship excuse is becoming as rampant as the family member is sick. A call out is appropriate

WaxPax

Second time today for the angry mob reference ......

Simpsons-Angry-Mob_zps192a38a7.png

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I would do anything I could before calling them out (including contacting mods on the site, trying to determine if he has any buddies on the site who might be i touch with him outside the site etc.) The amount of damage you can do to a reputation by posting on the boards is huge. In some cases it's appropriate, but unless you are really confident there is no other explanation, I would do everything I can to find a better solution.

I agree with this point. Calling the person out publicly should be a last resort.

That being said, can a person be so sick that can't package up some cards? They could then ask a friend or family member to go to the post office. Or are they so sick that they're now hospitalized? Too many possibilities exist that could point to different conclusions.

A similiar thing happened to me here in the fall. Member offered to sell me some cards, we agreed on a price, and he said he'd let me know how much shipping would be and then I'd pay. The last I heard from him was Nov 11 when he said he went to the post office but it was closed for Veteran's Day. No response to a couple of PM's over the subsequent weeks. Since no cards or money had yet been sent I figured it wasn't worth pursuing any further and just forgot about it.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx
I agree that calling someone out is an A Bomb resort so I am hanging tight for now but the lack of communication is what annoys me the most. I'll give him a few more days and see if we get anywhere, thanks all for the feedback!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Was he supposed to ship at the same time as you? If he was supposed to send once he received your end, how long has it been? In my opinion it IS possible to be too sick to ship some cards, of course. But really that excuse is only good for a few days. If you are so incredibly sick that you can't pack some cards up for more than a few days, maybe you should go to the hospital.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
how many times do you have to see this type of scenario. Come on guys wake up, a simple thread or a mod pm goes a long way in getting your end. Getting no responses after the other party has there end is a clear sign.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

from personal experience

you are more patient than anyone I know.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'd go 2 weeks from the date you last heard anything from them, contact the mods. If they don't get anything, then after three weeks call them out. I get that people get sick and whatnot, but unless they are in the hospital or something, I don't see how that can prevent them from at least communicating with you. Well, I guess if they catch something that can cause paralysis.

I know it's just sports cards and whatnot and ultimately, are not THAT important, but 2-3 weeks is a lot of time available to them in which they can spend a minute to shoot a quick PM to you.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
It's really hard to print a paypal label, attach it to a bubble mailer and drop it off in an outbox. You should at least give them 6 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts