Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Awesome 1/1 PC pickup!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimfalbo21

May 22, 2011
Newark, OH
017-1.jpg

I got this for an awesome price IMO!

jimfalbo21

May 22, 2011
Newark, OH
Fantastic card. Congratulations!
I have a small PC of Alvarez myself.

Do you remember when his 2011 Topps Black Borders were all selling for over $100? I never did get one...I am also kicking myself for passing on an Alvarez uncracked game used bat for around $112...I'll have to pick one up another time.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Almost threw a bid on that, but where it ended was right around my limit. Congrats on picking it up! I have a smaller PC, some IP balls, a signed Slugger Gamer and a USA Jersey Letter patch.

On the topic of Alvarez, if anyone is still waiting on his 2011 Topps Redemptions, I've been told that they aren't going to happen. Evidently they did not have him under contract for autos when the put in the redemptions for autos. So, might as well request replacements now, it seems.

jimfalbo21

May 22, 2011
Newark, OH
Almost threw a bid on that, but where it ended was right around my limit. Congrats on picking it up! I have a smaller PC, some IP balls, a signed Slugger Gamer and a USA Jersey Letter patch.

On the topic of Alvarez, if anyone is still waiting on his 2011 Topps Redemptions, I've been told that they aren't going to happen. Evidently they did not have him under contract for autos when the put in the redemptions for autos. So, might as well request replacements now, it seems.

Thanks, yeah I believe he was under contract w someone else for a while...it's a shame, but I am sure glad that I passed on his 2011 Marquee Museum auto...I would've been bummed about it

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Do you remember when his 2011 Topps Black Borders were all selling for over $100? I never did get one...I am also kicking myself for passing on an Alvarez uncracked game used bat for around $112...I'll have to pick one up another time.

I don’t remember the Topps Black going for that amount; I didn’t pay anywhere near that. It might’ve been that “Topps Black” weirdo everyone talks about bidding them up(?) The most I spent on anything was around $100 for the Museum Collection redemption.

I got this in the mail today…going forward, I wonder how many will remain un-ripped like this one.
A_G_Unripped_zps4a31526e.jpg

The rest of mine can be seen here:
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/baseball/112610-fun-pedro-many-pics.html

Congrats again.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks, yeah I believe he was under contract w someone else for a while...it's a shame, but I am sure glad that I passed on his 2011 Marquee Museum auto...I would've been bummed about it

Yep, I had two at one point. Bought one at $75, sold at $40, kept the other and just put in the replacement. Not expecting anything good, but who knows.

jimfalbo21

May 22, 2011
Newark, OH
I don’t remember the Topps Black going for that amount; I didn’t pay anywhere near that. It might’ve been that “Topps Black” weirdo everyone talks about bidding them up(?) The most I spent on anything was around $100 for the Museum Collection redemption.

I got this in the mail today…going forward, I wonder how many will remain un-ripped like this one.
A_G_Unripped_zps4a31526e.jpg

The rest of mine can be seen here:
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/baseball/112610-fun-pedro-many-pics.html

Congrats again.

Here's some more of my Alvarez stuff:

002-1.jpg
mini EXT

006-1.jpg

008.jpg

ripped

011.jpg

2012 Topps Heritage High #

009-2.jpg

002_zps02677e36.jpg

020-2-1.jpg

015.jpg

018-1-1.jpg

009-4.jpg

006-7.jpg

021.jpg

005-18.jpg

040.jpg

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Nice Alvarez's! His prices have been too high for me to pick much, but I was able to snag his Razor Gold and Blue Metal autos at the beginning of last season when he was off to a slow start.

jimfalbo21

May 22, 2011
Newark, OH
Nice Alvarez's! His prices have been too high for me to pick much, but I was able to snag his Razor Gold and Blue Metal autos at the beginning of last season when he was off to a slow start.

Thanks, luckily I have been able to get him to sign several cards IP, I'm hoping that he'll be included in some 2013 cert auto sets

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks, luckily I have been able to get him to sign several cards IP, I'm hoping that he'll be included in some 2013 cert auto sets

Id be skeptical. Considering that I s informed the 2011 ones won't happen because they were unable to come to a contract and subsequently gave up. I really like him as a player, but absent his crazy bombs, he's pretty much mark Reynolds, might not be too much demand for him to have cards. I've bought some good game used items of his. I suppose I could print out the class roll from the courses he and I were in.

jimfalbo21

May 22, 2011
Newark, OH
that's mainly why I'm hoping lol, I hope that he improves his approach as a hitter in 2013, lays off the low breaking stuff, and makes more consistent hard contact. He will probably always strike out a bunch, but he was the consensus best overall hitter in the 2008 draft, so I believe that he can potentially be a legit #4 hitter.

Members online

Latest posts