Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC question/rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
So I just sent in about 500 low end items to COMCs. When I say low end I am referring to $1-$5. After the cards were processed and I was pricing them I noticed they now hose the seller an additional 25 cents per card for shipping.

The only reason I liked selling on their site was the fact you could sell lower end items that you couldn't afford to sell on ebay. This new fee makes it pointless to try to sell anything on their site IMO. I am sure it was announced, but I am annoyed as hell that the buyer gets hosed so COMC can offer their $3 flat rate shipping.

Anyone else have opinions or concerns?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Yeah it sucks. i considered sending cards for the first time to them but found out about the changes they made and decided not to. i dont even like shopping with them. ive only done it twice.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
I had 1800 items with them and I yanked them all when they changed the fees.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
It made it really difficult to sell real low end inserts compared to before the new way they are doing it. I think the problem was that they had a lot of abandoned shopping carts before when the buyers got to the end and saw the shipping fee was .25 plus the batch fee. Now the fee is built into the price. One way or another, the buyer pays the fee. It just made it a worse idea to send super low end stuff imo.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
It made it really difficult to sell real low end inserts compared to before the new way they are doing it. I think the problem was that they had a lot of abandoned shopping carts before when the buyers got to the end and saw the shipping fee was .25 plus the batch fee. Now the fee is built into the price. One way or another, the buyer pays the fee. It just made it a worse idea to send super low end stuff imo.

I used to sell a lot of .50 to 1.00 cards prior to the change

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
So f'ing stupid you have to buy store credit to make offers on cards. Makes me not want to purchase cards from there.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I know they need to make a profit, but I feel like these added fees are going to push a lot of sellers away. I will never send them cards again. I think their model is great but they need to leave some meat on the bone for the seller. 50 cents just to get a card processed and sold then 20% to cash out then another 20% if you do the Amazon thing. Holy XXXX.......

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm still using the old site, and plan on doing so as long as its up. Hate the new site's shipping fee structure, so I doubt I'll be using the new site as much as I do the old one.

If there's a problem I have with COMC, it's the overall stupidity of a large number of buyers. I keep my auto-accept at 50%, but turned it off Monday and cut most of the prices 60% (making prices cheaper than a-a for people who don't use store credit). Now I'm running into buyers who would buy a $15 item for $7.50 with a-a, but won't buy the same item for $6 without a-a.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a buyer was browsing on COMC.com vs the old site, wouldn't the .25 upfront in shipping be automatically factored in your price on their end? Not sure how that works if one user is using the old format and another user is using the new.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

neckababy1

Jul 26, 2010
Toms River, NJ
Same here, sent in a few times but no more. And will limit my buying because, in all honesty, too confusing to make offers now. I usually buy off the promotions with people who have auto accept set. So if they have 50% auto accept on, it's not 50% of price, first you have to subtract 25 cents, then do the 50% and then add the 25 cents back. And even that doesn't work right all the time. Just too darn confusing. Shame really, I used to love the site and they had BV listed too which was a real plus but they even took that away now.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
If you go into your profile and options, you can change over to advanced reseller mode. That way you don't have to pay the .25 unless you want to ship the card.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Not sure if this is related or not, but the last couple times I went to comc.com, it seems that the prices have gone up substantially for cards. I don't just mean a little to cover the extra .25, but sometimes as much as $1-2 for middle of the road stuff. Looks like the deals are getting a little tougher to find on there now.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I recently blew $100 on prospecting stuff and am having it shipped... The prices were comparable or slightly higher than eBay, even factoring shipping, but the quantity is there and headaches are not.

Members online

Latest posts