Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Publicly Recognizing an incredibly honest sportlots seller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I was trolling sportlots.com a coupld of weeks ago, and I saw a seller had a lot of Heritage listed. He had 3 2006 Clubhouse Collection GU cards (2 Matt Holliday and 1 Miguel Tejada) listed at $0.18 apiece, the same price as his commons. I picked up all 3 for $3.04 shipped, thinking it was worth a shot. I received them a couple days ago, with the note "You found my mistake - enjoy the cards!"

I doubt he is on here, but he has quite a few cards listed and I figured it's the least I can do recognize his honesty.

Seller - mingiabg

Link to his inventory - Sportlots Trading Cards - Dealer Pages

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx
And if you were incredibly honest yourself you would have alerted him to the mistake, or at least leave him one of the Hollidays.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that someone actually was selling something that cheap just to move inventory. Quit being a dick and trying to turn this thread into a negative.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Nice find!

Rule #1 of FCB, never post your steals or deals, you set yourself up for moral police to come in and bash you.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
And if you were incredibly honest yourself you would have alerted him to the mistake, or at least leave him one of the Hollidays.

I'm assuming that mudflap would have absolutely walked from the sale had the seller balked. That to me is honest. Not for a second to I believe that mudflap would have made a XXXXX post had the seller pulled the deal.

The seller made a mistake and honored it. Move on.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
In the grand scheme of things, these cards probably wouldn't get a bid at 99 cents plus shipping. The seller listed them for sale at a price lower than he should have. I just thought it was cool of him to honor his pricing on sportlots, and I thought maybe I could make up the ~$3 he lost out on by giving him some good press here.

I've overpaid on a lot of cards and underpaid on a lot more. I think a lot of people are just really jealous of my incredible steal here, and that I have not one but TWO Matt Holliday 2006 Heritage GU cards. Haters gonna hate.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

:lol: You are one to always quickly put people in their place. So let me ask you sir, which is it? Should have have alerted the seller about all 3 cards or just bought 2 of them and alerted the seller about the second Holliday?

Cripes!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Nice find!

Rule #1 of FCB, never post your steals or deals, you set yourself up for moral police to come in and bash you.

99% of the time (if not more), the "moral police" are just posting to give themselves an ego stroke. Given the opportunity, they would do the same thing themselves.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
In the grand scheme of things, these cards probably wouldn't get a bid at 99 cents plus shipping. The seller listed them for sale at a price lower than he should have. I just thought it was cool of him to honor his pricing on sportlots, and I thought maybe I could make up the ~$3 he lost out on by giving him some good press here.

You don't have to justify yourself b/c of one hater.

I've overpaid on a lot of cards and underpaid on a lot more. I think a lot of people are just really jealous of my incredible steal here, and that I have not one but TWO Matt Holliday 2006 Heritage GU cards. Haters gonna hate.

:lol:

haha

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
99% of the time (if not more), the "moral police" are just posting to give themselves an ego stroke. Given the opportunity, they would do the same thing themselves.

And ironically, the pooper scoopers like you love to go out of their way to pat the buyer on the back and denounce the "moral police" for their own little ego stroke.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
And ironically, the pooper scoopers like you love to go out of their way to pat the buyer on the back and denounce the "moral police" for their own little ego stroke.

Side-step my question did ya?

I have every right to pat the buyers on the back b/c I make a living off of selling cards. There's nothing wrong with a buyer buying the card that it was listed for and receiving it with no qualms. And just like this honest seller, I follow through with all my mistaken listings as well. So suck it.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
What's your paypal markakis? Think it's about time I start paying rent for that space I own up in your dome. Stop following me around. That's like the fifth time on two boards you told me to suck it :p Go find your wife for that :-o

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
What's your paypal markakis? Think it's about time I start paying rent for that space I own up in your dome. Stop following me around. That's like the fifth time on two boards you told me to suck it :p Go find your wife for that :-o

Please copy and paste the "five times" I've told you to suck it. I bet you it's no more than two.

Lance, you and I have had some good conversations and I like you. But you have been on this high-horse kick the past few months. Just stop trying to find the evil in everyone....especially when there is no evil to be found.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Have you called the police to see if they were stolen?

Yes, the first thing I did was call my local police department and let them know that something didn't seem right. At first, they didn't sound like it was too big of a concern, but the more upset I got, they really started listening to me. I explained that since this was an interstate transaction, there is a possibility of mail fraud, and that I have the ability to go public with this info on the internet and blow the lid right off this thing if they didn't take action and a crime had been committed. Eventually they had me on speakerphone with 5 or 6 detectives, who all seemed very keen to get any info I had.

If the seller is peddling stolen merchandise, I don't want my collection stained with the mark of poor judgement.

Latest posts