Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

anyone know if the poor mans patent really works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
does anyone actually know if the poor mans patent actually works to protect your invention or idea???? mailing yourself the invention with all documentation and sketches dates ect.................

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
You're further ahead going to a bank and paying to have a notary public witness and date-stamp your files/sketches/skematics.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
You need something copyrighted? Its REAL easy and cheap to do. I think it was $35 for my book. Look up the US gov copyright site.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I've already posted a thread last year with my hat idea. Sent off to new era they said they were not interested at the time. I'm currently checking with a few other companies.

Here's one of my latest prototypes ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1358992525.042030.jpg

I had mixed reviews when I asked opinions last year on here. But I think they are cool & I've made some for friends & probably have like another 50 people who want one. I just want to have them made the right way before I start selling them

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I've already posted a thread last year with my hat idea. Sent off to new era they said they were not interested at the time. I'm currently checking with a few other companies.

Here's one of my latest prototypes View attachment 11521

I had mixed reviews when I asked opinions last year on here. But I think they are cool & I've made some for friends & probably have like another 50 people who want one. I just want to have them made the right way before I start selling them

It is pretty cool you are taking your ideas and running with them, but I am not seeing who this would appeal to other than 70+ year old tourists.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV

Here's one of my latest prototypes View attachment 11521

Good for you on your initiative...but, dude, seriously? That's one ugly hat...

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
It reminds me of the Urban Sombrero. It combines the spirit of old Mexico with a little big city panache. I would think J Peterman already has the patent.

Best of luck in pursuing this.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
It is pretty cool you are taking your ideas and running with them, but I am not seeing who this would appeal to other than 70+ year old tourists.

golfers, hunters, fisherman, people at out door events such as out at the lake, beach, state fairs, concerts, sporting events ect., just outdoors doing yard work or anywhere where its hot as hell outside....lol.

Last edited:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
heres a few other prototypes
IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Team up with a sponsor and the Angels and/or Dodgers...I would think it's a fit out here.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

Members online

Latest posts