Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How annoyed would you be...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
There absolutely was something he could've done, and that was to properly package them in the first place. If it get's damaged in transit, he should reimburse you for the recasing fee (something like $11 including shipping).

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I would be very annoyed. It was clearly his fault and he just basically told you. Screw you I dont care. For that amount of $$$ i would make a big stink and fight it to get some money back.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
If you don't have a relationship with this person or really need the cards, or it was me, I think you should return them for your money back. Crappy shipping and horrible customer service shouldn't be rewarded.

Greg

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Let us know how it goes. I don't want the guys name, but is he a big/known seller??

greg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
What an arrogant response. So he ships like a moron and then responds by basically admitting that it was his fault but that he's not going to do anything so you should suck it up because it only hurts the resale value by a buck or two. If this were on eBay, I think he would have just earned himself a big fat negative feedback.

I like the way you are going about it given the fact that it's a paypal transaction. Get your point across and get the situation fixed, but just remember to take the high road and be professional.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I sold 3 PSA cards 2 weeks ago, I didn't have a box to put them in,
I put each one in a psa sleeve, then put each one in a seperate bubble mailer and put the 3 bubble mailers in a bigger bubble mailer...
and shipped them out and received great feedback...All 3 came out to $85
Its not that hard to pack correctly!

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I was livid just reading the responses. A chipped case may not be a big deal, but it IS a big deal when the seller doesn't take proper care in shipping the cards. I don't double bubble my slabs for no reason. I might be pissed enough that I'd go to my cc company and file a claim if Paypal did not protect me. Please let us know who this ******* is because I don't want to give him/her my business.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I went through the exact same situation last summer. It's not up to him to tell you how you see the slab defects.

I was thorough and precise in my first email to him and he sent me the grading costs of two cards to SGC so it worked out well enough.

Don't give in...he paypals you the cost of reslabbing and that's the only ouutcome here

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Sounds like the seller is being hardheaded and is willing to lose hundreds or thousands of future business from a repeat buyer over $10-$15 that he SHOULD fork over if he were a responsible seller. At this point, I'd just take $5 and never deal with him again.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
It is a $1000 to you not him. F that dude, get a refund and block him. Also post up his name because I don't want to have to deal with a XXXXer like that!

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Yep. I can't stand reading this. If something doesn't arrive as represented, it's 100% his responsibility to do what it takes to earn your satisfaction. Instead, he's telling you how you should feel.

I don't ever want to do business with someone like that. Please let me know his name so I can block him. Thanks for posting this.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
I often wonder how people on eBay keep real jobs. Common sense and responsibility are two things most eBay users I talk to lack.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'm going to be the black sheep of the group.

It sounds like you're very happy doing business with this seller before this happened (you spent $1000 with him only recently). I can certainly respect the points you're making but I have to say I only agree to the extent that this damages the actuals cards value. If, like he said, it's a $1 or $2 (literally), then is it really worth making a fuss over? I don't know how small of a chip it is on the case so it's hard to say, but it sounds like this guy wanted to do more business with you and you wanted to do more business with him and there was a lot of money to be made both for you and for him. I'm all for principles and things like that, I myself have an OCD with cases, I put my high-end cards in new cases almost always I won't put a high-end card in a case if it has any writing or things like that on it so I can understand where you're coming from. But if there's a lot of money to be made by both you and him and AT WORST you're out $16 to repair the slab, is it really worth returning the lot and discontinuing business with him? Obviously I don't completely agree with this guy as you've spent a lot with him, he should refund you $16 just to keep you as a customer, but you have to look at this from the perspective of what's in YOUR best interest.

So again to reiterate my point, in a perfect world it's on him to reimburse you for the slight damage if like he said there is no change in value, because if there is a big change in value then he should take that entire card on a full return. But if you're happy with the cards and the price of the cards and there was some future business for the both of you, perhaps that isn't worth jeopardizing for such a small fee it sounds like you can afford to be out $16. Again, principles matter to me A LOT, but if both sides are benefitting perhaps there can be a compromise in the middle (like the $5 gift he suggested).

Finally, I'm not sure of the rarity of the prospect cards you are buying. What I mean is are there plenty of other vendors at the same prices, same condition etc? Because for me, I now mostly collect rare HOF patches so there are less than a handful of repeat sellers I will go back to who I've done business with over and over. Since the cards are so limited, I personally couldn't afford to terminate a relationship over $5 because in the long-run I would regret it as it would severely hurt my collection.

Anyways, I hope I don't get flamed but that's just my point of view

Members online

Latest posts