Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Baseball benefit with all the issues the NFL is having?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
With everything going wrong for the NFL with concussion issues do you believe that Baseball could benefit as some parents & players may not want to play at that level with the possibility of head injuries? Maybe a future "Bo Jackson" guy said no to the NFL and focuses only on Baseball...Your thoughts...

sawmillthug

Dec 21, 2012
Chillicothe, MO
Yes I think it will slowly change the way the sport is played at every level. Parents will think twice before they let their son play football. On a much smaller level look at Bubba Starling. He was a big Nebraska recruit for football. Now I'm sure his 5 million dollar signing with the Royals was the deciding factor and maybe football injuries had zero to do with his decision but I believe many two sport athletes will take this road in the future.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Bubba starling is a prime example.. Although the $ was a sure thing in baseball but not in football..

Injuries to the head are now on the radar in every sport. If a parent doesnt let their child play because of fear of an injury I feel for the kid because everything can lead to injury..

On the flip side of the money issue hot boi at the moment Colin kaepernick turned down baseball money to play at Nevada. It's just going to be like it always has and will boil down the the kid and his family.

Last edited:

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx
What I have such a hard time understanding is all these ex-players suing the NFL and others over concessions. You mean to tell me that it never crossed your mind that repeat bashing your damn head against things will make you more susceptible to head injuries? God damn idiots is what they are.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
As long as all ball players start wearing these bad boys:

david-wright-helmet-and-great-gazoo.jpg

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Everything else equal, athletes should always chose professional baseball over professional football. Longer careers, less injuries, guaranteed contracts. It's really a no brainier.

Members online