Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

topps series 1 odds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
So I just found out golds are now one every two jumbo packs, and there are some inserts that are 1:4 or even 1:5 packs.

This is going to really increase the cost of putting those sets together, but there has not been a price increase, as we see with brent and becca sales of topps 1 master sets.

Do you think the prices of the master sets and gold sets will reflect how much tough it is to build the sets when this stuff comes out? Or do you think these will be the prices regardless of how much tougher it is to put them together?

And is topps adding anything else to make up for the fact that these inserts are tougher to get?

This sounds really discouraging to me since I was considering opening a sizable amount. I just think it may be too tough to just break even let alone make any money.....

Thoughts?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
If the same amount of wax is opened as usual, there will be half as many Gold Borders on the secondary market as there have been in other years. When demand stays constant and the supply becomes twice as scarce, the usual result will be a higher price.

That being said, the real supply does not change much (last year there were 2012, this year there are 2013), it's just going to be a question of availability, as those 2013 cards will be spread out between twice as many packs. Most people working on the set will probably go for them when the product is released, so my guess is the price on them will increase from last year.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Good topic. People tend to have a set price in mind for what they'd pay for a card serial numbered to 2000. There may be some people who will try to be the first to complete the set who may not mind paying extra, but from what I know they won't pay too much extra for them.

Eventually the same number of 2013 golds will be out as from previous years. I think collectors will enjoy putting this set together simply because it will be more challenging than previous years.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
i like both of the above responses. Ultimately I feel that even though it is tougher to put these sets together for breakers, people have a set price in mind they want to pay and dont pay more than that because they know the PR has not decreased, so even though it's tougher to get them, the same number still exist.

It's really discouraging because even if you are getting into jumbo cases at $500 per, it's tough to be profitable. On 10 cases, I think you only get about 2 master sets because some of the inserts are like two per case and if there is PERFECT coalation you will get two sets.

While it's cool there are some new editions, there are always deletions to make those additions and ultimately the deletions outweigh the additions unless the prices of these master sets increase.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts