Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING --------------> HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Everyone with auctions better take a look. 1 oz to Canada is $6.16, 3 oz to Austraila cost me $8.88. The nation will get out of debt quick with these rates :)

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
Everyone with auctions better take a look. 1 oz to Canada is $6.16, 3 oz to Austraila cost me $8.88. The nation will get out of debt quick with these rates :)

I shipped a 3oz card to Japan yesterday and it was $9 something. That is the last card I open up to international bidding. If you charge actual rates, I am sure buyers will hit your DSRs.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I charge $15 to ship to Canada - will only ship registered. If they're willing to pay, I'm willing to do it, but I make nothing on it.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I was shipping through ebays and would charge $5 for international shipping and it was trackable believe it or not. Now doing that has jumped from $3 to $6.16 for Canada.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
If you're doing high-dollar things, it's not a big deal. I personally sell a lot of hockey stuff through Sportlots, so it's a lot of small-dollar transactions. Looks like my days of dealing in Hockey and Canada are over, unless it's high-dollar.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
It's a sad day for me and many others who regularly bought their baseball cards from American sellers. A sad day in the perspective that it will surely affect trading too.

Fortunately, as a seller on ebay (and I sell way more than I buy), it does not change anything because shipping costs have remained the same for us. An increase of this kind from Canada Post would pratically end my sales to USA, and also I would put more focus on hockey to deal only in Canada.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I offer out of country shipping but don't get that many orders for it. But I did just have to raise my price from $4 to $10 (not sure what all the countries cost yet)

Although before that happened today I got a ton of orders from Canada and other countries. At least they were higher dollar cards.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I took my Canada order to the Post office and was charged $2.25. When I tried to print on ebay it was $6+.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
If you're doing high-dollar things, it's not a big deal. I personally sell a lot of hockey stuff through Sportlots, so it's a lot of small-dollar transactions. Looks like my days of dealing in Hockey and Canada are over, unless it's high-dollar.

what am I missing? with the new rates, a one ounce letter to canada or any other foreign country is $1.10 and you can buy forever intl stamps to lock that rate in from future increases.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
what am I missing? with the new rates, a one ounce letter to canada or any other foreign country is $1.10 and you can buy forever intl stamps to lock that rate in from future increases.

Bubble mailers do not qualify as "letters" because they are rigid. Rigid items must go as a "package."

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012

eBay pretty much requires international priority for the tracking # so buyers don't rip sellers off as often.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
I got a heavy bubblemailer in today from the US and it cost $3.15. I don't use Ebay shipping anymore, it's a rip off.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
This is nuts. I had several repeat customers from Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, etc. I doubt they'll be buying from me anymore. I'll have to charge $7 just for one card and probably $1 for each additional card.

Does the USPS not want to ship items internationally anymore?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Just use Large Envelope (Flat) and you can send
1 oz for $2.05 and 20¢ for each additional oz

3 cards in a thick top loader is about 1/4 inch, and about 30 new topps cards are about 3/4 in a bubble envelope.
and if you use wider and longer bubble envelopes, you can put more cards in them,
Its worth a try

Sizes for Large Envelopes and Flats
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
The Postal Service uses the word "flats" to refer to large envelopes, newsletters, and magazines. The words large envelopes and flats are used interchangeably. Whatever you call them, flats must:
smarrow.gif
Have one dimension that is greater than 6-1/8 inches high OR 11-½ inches long OR ¼ inch thick.
smarrow.gif
Be no more than 12 inches high x 15 inches long x ¾ inch thick.
spacer.gif
flats.JPG

DimensionMinimum*Maximum
Height6-1/8 inches12 inches
Length11-1/2 inches15 inches
Thickness1/4 inch3/4 inch

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts