Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AROD - here we go again..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
An explosive, detailed report by the Miami New Times names Alex Rodriguez among a slew of pro sports players linked to a Miami-area doping company, with evidence that Rodriguez used performance-enhancing drugs as recently as the 2012 season.

Two MLB players previously thought clean Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz and Nationals ace Gio Gonzalez were also named in logs reviewed by the New Times, as were Melky Cabrera, Yasmani Grandal and Bartolo Colon, all of whom were suspended for taking banned substances last season.

Rodriguez had previously admitted to using steroids, but claimed he had only used them from 2001-2003, while he was playing for the Rangers.

Rodriguez's name appears 16 times throughout the records New Times looked at during their investigation, as either Alex Rodriguez, Alex Rod or a nickname, Cacique. The mentions of Rodriguez begin in 2009 and continue through the 2012 season, naming the exact regimen the star slugger is alleged to have taken, including banned substances such as HGH and IGF-1.

A-Rod's cousin, Yuri Sucart, whom he named as the person who procured him PEDs during his 2009 confession, also appears in the logs.

The New Times notes that former employees also recall that the company's owner would openly brag about selling drugs to Rodriguez.

The names were found among several notebooks detailing clients of the doping company.

The Miami connection first came into the spotlight when ex-Dodgers slugger Manny Ramirez tested positive for a banned substance. Ramirez claimed that the substance had been prescribed to him by a personal doctor, was later identified as Pedro Bosch. Pedro's son, Anthony, is alleged to be at the head of the Miami doping ring.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
XXXX A-Rod, we already knew he was dirty, what about Gio? This is the first time I heard his name come up in these types of discussions. I think he is a pretty good young pitcher, and although I do't collect him, I know others do. That sucks.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
I was somewhat surprised about Gio.

However, I also believe more are guilty than are innocent in MLB.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm to the point where it would surprise me if people are not using something. I'm not going to let it ruin my love for the game, that's why I've accepted the idea that most players are on something.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Steroid use is at all levels of baseball. When I was in high school I had some buddies who would pop Andro and then moved on to other types. Conveniently one of our buddies brothers played minor league ball and they would get the hookup in Mexico and bring them back. One of the minor leaguers at the time who I know used has had a pretty long career, and is still playing in the MLB today. Steroids are everywhere.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Theres no mention of leaf, heroes of sport or a gold infused ball.

Therefore, I have lost interest.

Good day sirs

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
The MLB needs to tighten up the consequences for doping. Instead of a 50 game suspension, how about 100. If you get caught again, 162 game Suspension. 3rd time, You're out. It is obvious that the Players do not respect the current one in place,willing to test the system.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The MLB needs to tighten up the consequences for doping. Instead of a 50 game suspension, how about 100. If you get caught again, 162 game Suspension. 3rd time, You're out. It is obvious that the Players do not respect the current one in place,willing to test the system.

Consequences aren't the issue, but testing is.

Testing isn't capturing anything other than the smallest fraction of users. The dumbest of users.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Consequences aren't the issue, but testing is.

Testing isn't capturing anything other than the smallest fraction of users. The dumbest of users.

Testing nabbed half of the players named in this report - half is more than a small fraction.

Plus users are being exposed by means other than testing, which includes investigative journalism and reports such as this one.

Members online

Latest posts