Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

nice 'vintage' hit and question. (if the mid-late 90's are vintage to you!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
I was opening some old packs at the LCS. I opened several topps finest from the mid-late 90's. out of one of the packs, I pulled a card with a black plastic coating on each side. Im assuming its a mystery refractor? are they rare/worth anything? I don't even know what year it is, as the wrappers were all thrown away. :benson:

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
It's just a mystery card. You've got to peel to find out if it's a base, refracctor, or atomic. Make sure to only peel the black sticker and not the surface of the card.

GOOD LUCK, do it on video!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Like the op said. Mystery finest card. To know if its a refractor or not you've got to carefully peel. Some of them might even be 1 sided refractors too if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Yea, back in the day I pulled the Griffey Jose Cruz junior refractor. also a Pippen and someone else out of basketball. don't think it was Jordan though

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Nice hit, player collectors look for their PC guy both peeled and unpeeled. Non-refactors are 4/case and refractors are 1/case.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
Nice hit, player collectors look for their PC guy both peeled and unpeeled. Non-refactors are 4/case and refractors are 1/case.

Thanks for the info, guys. I am trying to determine who it is by the player outline. Im leaning towards leaving it unpeeled.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Is it 1998 Finest series 1 or 2? 1998 Finest series 1 has multiple variations of the Mystery Finest cards.

Reg
f-210.jpg
b-210.jpg

Refractor
f-213.jpg
b-213.jpg

Refractor -no refractor finish
f-4683.jpg
b-4683.jpg

Refractor- No "R"
f-6220.jpg
b-6220.jpg