Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BP A's Top 11 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Five-Star Prospects
1. Michael Ynoa, RHP
2. Trevor Cahill, RHP
3. Brett Anderson, LHP
4. Chris Carter, 1B
Four-Star Prospects
5. Adrian Cardenas, SS
Three-Star Prospects
6. Aaron Cunningham, OF
7. Gio Gonzalez, LHP
8. Vin Mazzaro, RHP
9. Jemile Weeks, 2B
10. Sean Doolittle, 1B
11. Rashun Dixon, CF

Just Missed: Corey Brown, OF; Tyson Ross, RHP; James Simmons, RHP

Thoughts?

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Ynoa is not there best prospect. Maybe rank doesn't matter, just the stars. I also don't agree that Carter is a 5.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Here is his explanation on Inoa:

Ranking Challenges: Ynoa might be a surprise in the top position, but it's hard to accurately convey just how positive scouts are about him. After the top five, it becomes a real challenge due to the system's remarkable depth. If you're looking for some real perspective: after the sixth through eleventh spots, as well as the three who "just missed," there are another four players who one could arguably rank as the second-best prospect in the entire Houston Astros' system.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I like Cahill above Anderson, but Inoa even sniffing Cahill or Anderson is completely a joke.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
I'm getting really confused reading this thread. Is it "Inoa" or "Ynoa"? We have three of each :lol:

It was recently announced that he is going by Ynoa now. Not sure why....

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
Yay Ynoa. After the name change, I looked at his chrome auto and noticed he signed it Ynoa (I guess I haven't looked that closely at his auto before).

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
How is Inoa #1? Anderson is like top 10 guys in all of minors in BA, and Inoa hasn't even pitched on American soil yet...

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
ROLLTIDE4LIFE said:
Brett Anderson sucks. Seriously. A Lefty control artist with a tick above avg stuff. Woohoo!!!????
Actually pretty hard to find...Still I'm not a fan of him either.

GTJ558

Jan 26, 2009
aw00d05 said:
ROLLTIDE4LIFE said:
Brett Anderson sucks. Seriously. A Lefty control artist with a tick above avg stuff. Woohoo!!!????
Actually pretty hard to find...Still I'm not a fan of him either.

still....no love for cardenas?

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
5 out of 10 for A.C. sits well with me. Since most of the guys before him are pitchers, he is one of the best hitters in their system though. :D

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
that is the best looking farm system i have seen in a while. i think they should have beat out the rangers in the best farm system race.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
jrtowles46 said:
that is the best looking farm system i have seen in a while. i think they should have beat out the rangers in the best farm system race.
Holland and Feliz are better than any of their guys IMO and Smoak is better than any of their hitters, plus I think the Marlins have a better system than the A's, plus the Rangers #9 guy (Borbon) would be a top 5 guy in probably 25-27 other organizations IMO.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
aw00d05 said:
jrtowles46 said:
Holland and Feliz are better than any of their guys IMO and Smoak is better than any of their hitters, plus I think the Marlins have a better system than the A's, plus the Rangers #9 guy (Borbon) would be a top 5 guy in probably 25-27 other organizations IMO.

Holland better than Cahill? That is a big stretch imo.

Members online