Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors: Cameo Card Rainbow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
If your player makes a cameo on a card of another player or a team shot (not a posed team picture) where your player is clearly visible do you go for the rainbow of that card or is a single base card good enough? Do you not care about that card at all since its not truly your player? I have never had it happen so I dont really know what I would do honestly. Discuss.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I go for the rainbow. Sandberg isn't a cameo on any rainbow that I can think of, but he is mentioned on a few (2011 Topps Danny Valencia, 2012 Topps Darwin Barney to name a couple). And that's not to mention the run of 2008 M&M of Jeff Kent I'm going after cause he's mentioned on it. 125 cards (base, black, and blue).

Last edited:

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Descalso has not made a cameo yet, unless he is on the NLDS card. It was just a hypothetical question so that if it comes out I can decide what to do lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man I have not gone into this cameo world yet..... God I have my hands filled as it is with just getting one of each Belle cards lol.... But like anything else, might take the plunge if Topps stops including Belle in their releases

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I love the Cameo world. And as far as rainbows go, I think I have a few. For Example:

1995%20Pinnacle%2080%20Bret%20Barberie.jpg
1995%20Pinnacle%2080%20Bret%20Barberie%20Museum%20Collection.jpg
1995%20Pinnacle%2080%20Bret%20Barberie%20Artist's%20Proof.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Gotta draw the line somewhere so I wouldn't even go for a base card though I don't think my guys are on more than 1 or 2. Though my guys have 2 cards that feature the wrong player entirely without anyone else in the picture and I don't even like those (Mo Vaughn is pictured as Greg Vaughn on a Pacific Invincable card and John Olerud is pictured as being Jeromy Burnitz on an Upper Deck card)

2000PacificInvincibleHolographicPur.jpg

1999SPAuthentic.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts