Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospector Thread Additions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
You may have seen the thread in the Baseball Forums I created entitled "Prospectors, Tell Me Why You Love To Prospect".

Personally, I couldn't give a rip why they love to prospect, this is just me getting candidates for additions to the prospector forum.

I will be reviewing the answers there and admitting people that I see fit. If you have an issue with any of the people there let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions of users that should have access but currently do not let me know as well.

Thanks. :)

Candidate Thread: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/baseball/118637-prospectors-tell-me-why-you-love-prospect.html

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
No no no. I started that thread to narrow down candidates to add. They have no idea that the board is here. It's sort of a test......

I'm trying to keep the collectors that primarily do not prospect out. They have no idea I'm looking at these answers as potential entry to this forum.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Oh, and don't worry. I'm only adding about five people. I just wanted this forum to pick up a little.

If there is anyone you REALLY don't want to have admittance, now is the time to tell me. If they turn out to be one of the five and find out the thread exists, there's really no reversing that. So speak up now.

I have only added one user thus far.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
And just like clockwork, U-reek-baseballcards comes in to crash the party. He is not a prospector, he has nothing but contempt for prospectors, but feels compelled to butt in.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm working to get a little more discussion in here while limiting the admittance to around three more users. I believe there is around ten total that have access at this point.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Thanks for the invite! So only ~10 of us here at this point? Pretty exclusive. :D

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
If you know of anymore who you think are deserving and are prospect-focused let me know. I'm only planning on letting in someone once in a while. I want to keep this group limited. I may let in one more in the near future through.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
We should each list our top ten prospector buy ins so we all know what members are thinking

Sent from my XT901 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
We should each list our top ten prospector buy ins so we all know what members are thinking

Sent from my XT901 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

That's what I created the "It's So Hard To Say Good Buy" thread. This is for candidates for entry to this forum.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
That's what I created the "It's So Hard To Say Good Buy" thread. This is for candidates for entry to this forum.
So candidates are people, not players, I meant prospects that us as prospectors have bought into. Would give a nice perspective and reasoning for each others madness and also not driving up prices on prospects we both are chasing.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
So candidates are people, not players, I meant prospects that us as prospectors have bought into. Would give a nice perspective and reasoning for each others madness and also not driving up prices on prospects we both are chasing.

Yes. Post that in the other thread. This thread is to determine who gains entry into these prospector threads. "Prospect Thread Additions" as in user additions, not collection additions.

Or make a freakin' thread if you want to say something! :)

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011

Ah thank ya! As an expression of thanks...Tyler Beede's velocity was 99-101 this summer, working with a velocity coach. I know he's already #2 behind the Lefty on BA, but I don't know if his 7 degree velocity spike was up there. It would seem his Aflacs would be a good buy if they turn up. He was hitting 98 on the stadium gun on saturday, in 34 degree weather. Isn't that what make Giolito spike last year?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ah thank ya! As an expression of thanks...Tyler Beede's velocity was 99-101 this summer, working with a velocity coach. I know he's already #2 behind the Lefty on BA, but I don't know if his 7 degree velocity spike was up there. It would seem his Aflacs would be a good buy if they turn up. He was hitting 98 on the stadium gun on saturday, in 34 degree weather. Isn't that what make Giolito spike last year?

I believe Giolito reaching triple digits is what made his cards spike.

Got a few AFLACs of his, so I'm rooting for him. Still think he should've signed with Toronto, though.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I believe Giolito reaching triple digits is what made his cards spike.

Got a few AFLACs of his, so I'm rooting for him. Still think he should've signed with Toronto, though.

Gotta disagree there, haha. Admittedly Derek Johnson left (thereby giving me much more faith in Cubs pitching prospects), but I think he'll follow the David Price development model, easing into the Friday role as a junior and being able to develop with less of a spotlight. I'm semi-tracking his development with Daniel Norris (who I bought into for some reason, oy). We'll see...

Latest posts