Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone near Osseo, Michigan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hohlernr

Dec 1, 2012
Michigan
Thanks for the info, some of these items caught my eye. Unfortunately, after doing a little research it appears that the Babe Ruth auto, Ty Cobb auto and the 1915 Joe Jackson Cracker Jack card are all fake!

They\ Ty Cobb is a terrible fake, but the Babe Ruth is tougher to tell. I'm not 100% sure the Ruth is fake, but I think 75% is close enough to stay far away.

This is quite unfortunate because I was interested in a few more items, but with those 3 being fake, I almost have to assume the rest are too!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Thanks for the info, some of these items caught my eye. Unfortunately, after doing a little research it appears that the Babe Ruth auto, Ty Cobb auto and the 1915 Joe Jackson Cracker Jack card are all fake!

They\ Ty Cobb is a terrible fake, but the Babe Ruth is tougher to tell. I'm not 100% sure the Ruth is fake, but I think 75% is close enough to stay far away.

This is quite unfortunate because I was interested in a few more items, but with those 3 being fake, I almost have to assume the rest are too!

Cobb auto looks horrendous. Nowhere near consistent with his examples. The Jackson is sketchy just because if I'm a serious auction company I would only take graded and slabbed ones. No way to tell if it's unslabbed because some fakes are so good, that one might be a super early reprint is anything. Ruth looks good to me though but again all this stuff isn't slabbed so that's automatically suspicious if you're running a serious auction with multi-thousand dollar items you should only take slabbed stuff or you lose all credibility. But that Cobb just looks awful that's kind of embarrassing that they took it and featured it

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I take back what I said about the ruth when you look closer its WAY too bold. Either that's perhaps one of his clearest and boldest examples known of or there's something fishy. You can't even find a modern sig that bold

hohlernr

Dec 1, 2012
Michigan
From what I've researched online, the easiest way to tell if a 1915 Joe Jackson is fake is by looking where the jersey touches the border on the right hand side. Apparently the jersey and the border should be the same EXACT color. However, when you look at this example the jersey is clearly a creamish color and the border is white. I would stay away from everything, personally.

Members online

Latest posts