Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collector Question - Board Game cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
I'm trying to track down cards from baseball board games for my player collection, does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm having a hard time finding Pursue the Pennant, ASG Baseball, Avalon Hill's Statis Pro, Replay Games and Main Street Baseball. I managed to find Strat-o-matic and APBA quite easily though.

Any tips? Or does anyone have cards from these sets available? I'm specifically looking for Kelly Gruber cards, so I'm interested in the cards from 1986-1993. Thanks!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Try doing a search on ebay for team sets. Many times they won't list the players. I've picked up a couple this way.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
And no offense, Gruber isn't a big name so they might not be listed. Find a seller and ask if his are available. Knowing numbers will help.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks for the tips. I managed to get the Strat-o-matic cards by buying team sets on ebay, and the APBA cards from someone on ebay who had a bunch of singles.

I've found some complete sets of Pursue the Pennant cards on there too, but I don't really want to pay $50 to pull out one card. I figure there must be someone around who has split up these sets and has their extra cards...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
There used to be a guy here tpiechel or something like that. He sells on ebay too. I've picked up some oddballs like this from him (specifically the Avalon Hills) for Bagwell. Also there is another guy that sells nothing but oddballs. I think it's Bam's cards or something like that. I mean even if these guys don't have the items listed, they may still have them.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
There are so many different types of these cards and some are very rare like Time Travel and go for big bucks. Huge collector presence for these games. They are fun to chase down. I have 288 Henderson game cards.

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
There used to be a guy here tpiechel or something like that. He sells on ebay too. I've picked up some oddballs like this from him (specifically the Avalon Hills) for Bagwell. Also there is another guy that sells nothing but oddballs. I think it's Bam's cards or something like that. I mean even if these guys don't have the items listed, they may still have them.

Thanks! I bought a few from tpeichel34 already. I didn't know about BAMcards though, I'll try emailing them.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Are all those strat-a-matic cards legit? I have seen a lot of those and assumed they are homemade. Also there are those trivial pursuit (or something like that) that have answers with players names on them. Im not sure where you would draw the line or even know what all is available.

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
Are all those strat-a-matic cards legit? I have seen a lot of those and assumed they are homemade. Also there are those trivial pursuit (or something like that) that have answers with players names on them. Im not sure where you would draw the line or even know what all is available.

I think the strat-o-matic ones are legit, the ones I've found look vintage (late 80's, early 90's). I know they reprinted some earlier seasons. The cards are only a buck or two each anyway, so I figured I'd pick them up.

I don't count the trivia games, I'm only interested in board game cards that have a specific player on them. I agree it's really hard to find what exists, and it's even harder to actually find them.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Tim tends to have way more stuff than he lists on Ebay.. did you get a complete list from him and buy everything you needed or just a couple random things off Ebay?

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
Tim tends to have way more stuff than he lists on Ebay.. did you get a complete list from him and buy everything you needed or just a couple random things off Ebay?

I got the full google doc list. He actually helped me out quite a bit with my collection.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think the strat-o-matic ones are legit, the ones I've found look vintage (late 80's, early 90's). I know they reprinted some earlier seasons. The cards are only a buck or two each anyway, so I figured I'd pick them up.

I don't count the trivia games, I'm only interested in board game cards that have a specific player on them. I agree it's really hard to find what exists, and it's even harder to actually find them.

I agree. I have seen the trivial pursuit and never got it because I see that as at best, a cameo. But even then that's stretching it. I guess if I get bored one day I'd bite. It's just not high up on the to do list.