Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Athletics/Astros 5-Player Trade (Jed Lowrie For Chris Carter/Brad Peacock/Max Stassi)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources tell me and @jonmorosi that #Athletics will announce shortly the acquisition of SS Jed Lowrie from #Astros in a five-player trade. #Astros getting prospects from #Athletics. Lowrie will earn $2.4M this season and also is eligible for arb in '14 before becoming free agent

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
#Athletics trading for Jed Lowrie and RHP Fernando Rodriguez, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me. @MLBONFOX

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
chris carter, brad peacock and max stassi go to #astros in the trade

Last edited:

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
That's a haul for the Astros in exchange for a shortstop with some pop but also the ability to get hurt a lot.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Kind of confusing from the A's perspective, with Nakajima, Sizemore, and Weeks already up the middle. Lowrie though could have the highest ceiling of all four though. I'm a Weeks fan myself, but at this point he could be stuck in AAA/traded

The Astros also move their 3rd largest $ commitment and now have under $15M committed aside from arbitration eligible players

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Brad Peacock might have been an obstacle to Sonny Gray in the rotation. Might clear a better path for him?

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Anyone think Jonathan Villar has a shot as the new starting SS???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Same here, I was disappointed when they traded him. The A's seem to take all of the Sox leftovers and turn them into stars so we'll see how Jed does this season.

Might as well mention again how much I miss Reddick in Boston...

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Great job considering 2 years ago, their top 5 prospects were...

1.Jordan Lyles, rhp
2.Delino DeShields Jr., of/2b
3.Jonathan Villar, ss
4.Mike Foltynewicz, rhp
5.Jio Mier, ss

I REALLY hope the Astros get SOMETHING out of Folty and Mier. Mier was a reach, imo, at the time and Folty has seemed like he has SO much potential.

Just hope 3-4 years from now, they are actually reaping the benefits from all these trades (plus whomever they get at #1 this year....if Apple stays healthy and dominant, I wouldnt be upset if it was him).

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
It's good to see them seem to move towards something more respectable. I'm really glad Drayton is gone. Even with a year or 2 with moderate success the last decade had been awfully meh and getting worse under him.

Latest posts