Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Yankee Stadium..what do you guys think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
How would you guys rate the job the Yankees did with the construction of the New Yankee Stadium? I know a lot of people have taken tours of the new ballpark and they say it's unbelievable. It's described by many as a palace. Put the obstructed views, angry season ticket holders, high ticket prices, and the alcohol free bleacher seats aside. From the looks of it..the stadium is awesome. I mean..I never got to go to the Old Yankee Stadium (pre-renovation) but the designs look similar. I know my dad went to the ballpark as a kid many times, and he is very excited to go to the new one. Even though the stadium has some of the latest state-of-the-art technology..it brings back memories of the Old Yankee Stadium. (cathedral entrances, the analog clock, the manual scoreboard, and the facade)

aaaayankees094894074896.jpg

35338835112b6e122b87c8e22cb61fb42f29de4.jpg

aaaayankees097906790465.jpg

aaaayankees097496749074.jpg

stunning. I can't wait to go tot he new ballpark this season.
attachment.php

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
psssst there is drinking in the bleechers again!!!! There is that huge outdoor bar area above the restaurants in center =)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I dont see why they felt the need to re-build the same thing over again. at least George should live to see opening day.

i will say, its better than Chitty Field though

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
KevinNYYLundqvistFan said:

heh its sad I know this, I know :lol:
But as you said they put wayyyyy to many obstructed viewing seats. The bleechers went from 100% view of the field to if you are beyond the 6th row next to where the black seats where you can barely see SS and 3B. I was mortified when I took the foot tour 2 weeks ago.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I just noticed the outdoor bar idea may have been scrapped. So much for getting drunk in the bleechers :lol:There is something above the restaurant just not sure if its a bar

Aug 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
ThoseBackPages said:
I dont see why they felt the need to re-build the same thing over again. at least George should live to see opening day.

i will say, its better than Chitty Field though
Ehh.. Things change. I wouldn't bash Citifield..I think its a really nice ballpark. I will definitely take a trip there this summer. George was in Tampa a few days ago, so I guess he isn't in as bad condition as some people think he is. He spoke to Girardi during a special meeting, and told him that he would be at the new ballpark for the opening ceremonies.

capt.d23749d255a945ba9dbde1f28c167701.rays_yankees_spring_baseball_flgp102.jpg

G

nyc3 said:
I just noticed the outdoor bar idea may have been scrapped. So much for getting drunk in the bleechers :lol:There is something above the restaurant just not sure if its a bar
This is why I like Wrigley your ass can get Crunk in the bleachers and even in the bars right outside LOL:

Members online

Latest posts