Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinals press conference called for 1:30 CT today.......Carpenter likely done for career.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Re: Cardinals press conference called for 1:30 CT today.......concerning........?

Bourne?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
If Carp's done, I'm going to be so sad. I won't be surprised, but I will be extremely saddened.

I have never seen a pitcher on the mound, in my lifetime, want it as much as Chris Carpenter 'wanted it'.

He was a freaking bulldog. He was relentless. From what I gathered many opponents fan bases hated him. But I never saw THAT. I always saw the Carp that was the man on the mound who was a beast and never backed down from any team or any batter.

I just hope this is completely false, but I fear that it might be the case. A pitcher can't have this many concurrent injuries and be expected to be the man he once was.

I just hope they don't throw a ton of money at Lohse if Carp is done.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Breaking - Carpenter is being shut down, and will not be pitching this year, due to constant physical discomfort. (neck, shoulder, arm)

Chris Carpenter Likely To Miss 2013 Season
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [February 5 at 1:36pm CST]
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak announced that Chris Carpenter can't continue to throw and will likely miss the 2013 season (Twitter links via Danny Knobler of CBS Sports and B.J. Rains of FOX Sports Midwest). Carpenter is said to be considering retirement, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Carpenter missed most of the 2012 season with a shoulder injury. He had surgery related to nerves in his pitching shoulder after being diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome. The 37-year-old started three regular season games last year and started three more times in the postseason. Last month, Carpenter suggested he would not necessarily rehab through another serious injury.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Re: Cardinals press conference called for 1:30 CT today.......concerning........?

Oh, I thought they were announcing they found pujols' aarp card behind a locker.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
He's done. Sadly.

I am heartbroken.

Such a competitor.

He can't come back from nerve damage. Numbness, unexpected bruising for no real reason. Such a shame.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Miller and Rosenthal are both viable candidates to fill the void, Miller moreso.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Miller and Rosenthal are both viable candidates to fill the void, Miller moreso.

Right now I'm not really concerned with who will 'fill the void'. I'm more worried about who the Cardinals are losing. I am heartbroken.

Losing Musial was like losing my Grandpa. Losing Carpenter is like, I don't know what.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Very sad, he was probably the best major leager from New Hampshire since Fisk.
Hate to see a guy from my home state go out like that.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
He was a big game pitcher.

Carpenter outduels Halladay, Cardinals edge Phils - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

11_carptenter_1of1.png

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Sad to see careers end this way. Brandon Webb a few days ago, now Carpenter. Even tougher when its players who had a major impact on the game

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
What a past couple years it's been leading up to ST...lose Waino for a year, lose Carp for almost an entire year, now lose Carp realistically for good...

I really hope they get a Waino extension done SOON. I'd be all for bringing Lohse back for a year or two as well. It's not he's an unknown quantity...

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Still one of the best/most clutch pitching performances in the postseason that I have ever witnessed.

+1
One of the all time great post season pitching performances. Sad closing to this chapter in St.Louis Cardinals history but the Cards are deep on pitching. We need to sign Wainwright now worse than ever if nothing else for leadership on the staff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts