Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need Help From The Experts Regarding Baseball Jerseys and getting them signed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
If someone can find me a Bryce Harper 100000% authentic jersey size 54 under 190.00 (preferably Red with White numbering) a reward will be given.

Eric

Last edited:

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Main difference is quality. Embroidery on the front in stead of tackle twill crests, stitched numbers and letters instead of glued on ones.
Keep in mind an authentic is much much more money that a replica.
I believe signing on the number itself is better than having it done on the jersey. I've heard of people using hair spray where they want the sig...not really sure what that's about.
If I were to try and do this, I would go with an authentic if I could afford it.
I would use blue sharpie for sure
Since it isn't an organized signing, you gotta remember if you're lucky enough to be able to get him to sign it, good odds he will just sign wherever he wants and not even notice that you're even there

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nah, blue on that red wouldn't look good. He did say the 4 right? I can't tell you what kind of pen to use since I've seen all kinds and most come ok. Plus I don't really do jerseys so I haven't really had to worry about that decision. But if you feel like its too rushed or too crazy and you're buying an authentic, don't let him sign it if you feel he might not sign exactly where you want it. That's way too much money to have it come out messed up. As far as color, I'd go with either black or silver. Good luck.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
Awesome! Thank you so much for all the responses! XL for replica and 52 for authentic?

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I had a jersey signed a few years ago and I had it signed on the actual jersey only because I didn't want to have to turn my head to look at the signature (you won't have that problem with #34) Also, I prefer the front of the jersey. If you do decide to have it signed on the jersey you should pull the fabric as taut as possible while it is being signed.

newest140.jpg

newest141.jpg

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
Thanks! That jersey looks awesome and i will try my best to keep the jersey tight with no slack while hes signing

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
May go with the red jersey with white numbers instead. What size do you recommend?

hohlernr

Dec 1, 2012
Michigan
This is a hard question to answer. If was in a sit-down setting I would 100% go with the authentic jersey with a silver decco paint pen. It would be similar to the following Lou Marson jersey I got signed. The picture doesn't do it justice, the silver really "pops". I love it!

MarsonJersey.jpg

No matter what you do, get the number signed.

Any reason you don't want to go with a blue jersey that has white numbering? That way you could go with a black sharpie which is a little safer to use in a non-in-person situation compared to a paint pen.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I would also fold the jersey up in such a way so just the #'s are showing. That way, he can't sign on the fabric.

I do know of people ordering a jersey # and having it signed, then having it sown on the jersey afterwords. That may be an option for you.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
im going to fold it for him to sign that way its easy for him to push down with the marker. Alright im either going: Sharpie or paint pen? XL or XXL?

White with Red Numbers

Blue with White Numbers

Red with White Numbers

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
That jersey looks awesome to me! Is that an authentic or replica? And that's XL correct?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
People posting about having the jersey folded up are making a great point. I forgot about that little tidbit because like I said...I don't fool with jersey's. But I've had plenty of friends do it...you get you a nice thick piece of cardboard, maybe two, and fold the jersey over it so nothing but the numbers show. Provides a stable surface and plus he knows where you want it signed. Keeps it taut too.

As far as sharpie or paint, everyone I see normally uses a deco pen. Just let that stuff dry! Most of these jerseys I've seen that were replicas come with this weird nylon feeling numbering and lettering. It's slick. So just let it dry. And supposedly, some of the people I've spoken to spray it down with scotch guard afterwards so the auto doesn't go anywhere? Not sure and that's something you want to do. Might want to look into it.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
I think I am going to go with Red Jersey white numbers and just use a black sharpie. Thoughts on using a clipboard and folding the jersey? What do you guys think is a better size to get signed XL or XXL

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If you're framing it, the bigger the jersey, the bigger the frame depending on how it will be displayed.
I would guess that bigger frames will be more expensive too.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I think so. I don't think cool base are available in replicas. They are a cooler breathable jersey usually worn on hot days and BP. If it were me I would spend the money on an authentic to frame. Some disagree wanting to spend less for something they won't wear.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app