Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone Prospecting the Panini USAs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
These cards have been very difficult to buy. With Panini owning the USA license, nobody is busting the product! :mad: I don't believe I've seen 10% of the print run for any card numbered 25 and up on ebay. This means that I've had on average of 2 chances to buy any given player's Red auto /25 or patch auto /35. and am lucky if I own one of each. The market is so dry now prices have been pretty high for the limited number cards that have surfaced recently. Thankfully, Elite has been busted in much greater quantity. I take it that the USA Box Set will be similar to 2009 UD Signature Stars, where a lot of it doesn't get opened until a couple years from now. Simply a frustrating year for the USA prospectors.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Been investing heavily into a certain Class of 2014 pitcher - got 10 of his base USA autos, 3 Auto Patches and 3 Collegiate Gold Autos so far.

Pretty sure you know who I'm referring to.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Been investing heavily into a certain Class of 2014 pitcher - got 10 of his base USA autos, 3 Auto Patches and 3 Collegiate Gold Autos so far.

Pretty sure you know who I'm referring to.

With prospect buyers being as advanced as they've ever been, you are a genius for picking those up. I figured I'd buy them after they settled in price but there weren't enough cards for that to happen. You could easily sell them for double your buy in already. As a result, when I noticed an Inscriptions auto from Elite, I snagged it as quickly as I could.

I also believe you bought a patch auto /35 I was drooling over. It has dirt all over the patch and not a single Green auto /2, Red auto /25, Inscriptions auto /10 or Patch auto /35 of this player has surfaced on ebay. Assuming you have it, and if it is available, I want to buy. :)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
With prospect buyers being as advanced as they've ever been, you are a genius for picking those up. I figured I'd buy them after they settled in price but there weren't enough cards for that to happen. You could easily sell them for double your buy in already. As a result, when I noticed an Inscriptions auto from Elite, I snagged it as quickly as I could.

I also believe you bought a patch auto /35 I was drooling over. It has dirt all over the patch and not a single Green auto /2, Red auto /25, Inscriptions auto /10 or Patch auto /35 of this player has surfaced on ebay. Assuming you have it, and if it is available, I want to buy. :)

Thanks. There actually have been a couple of Red Autos/25 to surface so far, but I got outbid on both.

When I decide to unload, you'll get first crack.

I was surprised to see an UN-autographed 4-color patch of his sell for $56 recently.

Nice job on that Stanek USA base auto you're auctioning off - it's over $30 and ending tonight. I believe that's a new high.

Last edited:

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Thanks. There actually have been a couple of Red Autos/25 to surface so far, but I got outbid on both.

When I decide to unload, you'll get first crack.

I was surprised to see an UN-autographed 4-color patch of his sell for $56 recently.

Nice job on that Stanek USA base auto you're auctioning off - it's over $30 and ending tonight. I believe that's a new high.

Hmm... I didn't see either of those and still don't in Completed Listings. But the card I bought from this set on release day is there. In case there's confusion, I'm talking about the hitter w/ dirt on the patch and not the pitcher.

Ah, I'm being watched! I did a search for Stanek about a week ago and there was maybe one auto listed. :shock: ONE! As a result, I listed a base and decided to tease the market w/ the other two I put up just to see what would happen. If I get around to it tonight, Kris Bryant will be next.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Hmm... I didn't see either of those and still don't in Completed Listings. But the card I bought from this set on release day is there. In case there's confusion, I'm talking about the hitter w/ dirt on the patch and not the pitcher.

Well, that explains it. I was referring to Rodon.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I'm not. I normally make a decent amount on the BC usa stuff post draft, but my experience with the Topps USA has been meh. Given that people tend not to gravitate to Panini stuff, and even casual prospectors aren't fans, I've steered clear. Plus all but one top guy has a previous auto in BC (at least in terms of 13/14 draft guys, I'm not up on the 15us yet)

Plus, as mentioned above, a lot of the top players are already known. I'm a small time guy...2-300 bucks a year on this. The top guys don't allow me to diversify and the possible reward is small.

I mean, even Meadows was about $45 for a base auto on release. They have gone up, but given the risk of him McCullers-ing before the draft, the buy in isn't there for me.

Members online

Latest posts