Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jeter is overrated!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Currently or in the past?
DANNY
Well, I guess I would have to say both, but having lived in NYC and never having been a Yankees fan, I feel I could say this about a lot of Yankees. All due respect and admiration for your collection aside.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
flamethrower.jpg

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
3304 and counting

7th place MVP finish as a 38 year old was pretty nice as well, hoping he has more left in the tank.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
3304 and counting

7th place MVP finish as a 38 year old was pretty nice as well, hoping he has more left in the tank.
I hope so too and think he probably does. 4000 hits, though highly unlikely, does not seem out of the realm of possibility.

And the dude's overrated! Crazy truth, that.

Logan2500

May 21, 2012
PA
It's stupid. When was the last time ARod was actually considered overrated? It's been years since he was elite and could even be in the running. And the Jeter thing is just hating.

What about Jayson Werth? Never knew he was overrated.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
What about Jayson Werth? Never knew he was overrated.
That was right after the contract with Washington. I guess players associate moronic deal by the GM with overrated because before that did anyone consider him overrated? In fact, that's a big part of the discussion, contract vs skill level. And I bet you everyone of those players thinks they're underpaid, underappreciated, and underrated.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Two questions

Does this thread make me a "troll"?

How come Batman doesn't dance any more? Remember the Batusi?

I guess that's three questions

Crazy place this internet

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
That poll is pretty funny...it just shows how SI was trying to focus on the Yankees, considering the 1% Gardner received, 0.5% Russell Martin received, and 0.5% Mark Teixeira received accounts for 4 total votes out of the 228 polled.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Two questions

Does this thread make me a "troll"?

How come Batman doesn't dance any more? Remember the Batusi?

I guess that's three questions

Crazy place this internet
1. No, just a pot-stirrer.
2. He's moved on to the Macarena
3. Fondly.

And I believe it's referred to, properly, as the intarwebz.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
That poll is pretty funny...it just shows how SI was trying to focus on the Yankees, considering the 1% Gardner received, 0.5% Russell Martin received, and 0.5% Mark Teixeira received accounts for 4 total votes out of the 228 polled.

How does a player vote show that SI was trying to vote on the Yankees? Maybe it is obvious that players around the league don't like all the attention that the Yankees get, and feel they just aren't that good.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
As much as I hate the Stankees, it will be incredible for baseball if Jeter chases 4,000 hits...and somehow Pete Rose. I'm rooting for him. If he has another 200 hit/.300 season, the Yankees should give him a 2 year contract.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
You guys are all bullies and should be banned to help garner more new members :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts