Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

photobucket alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
So the new photobucket sucks and is basically unusable. I can no longer easily re-size my scans or keep them in a logical order. What alternatives are there? I need to be able to embed images into my ebay listings with HTML, so that is a prerequisite.

So I need the ability to

1. quickly and easily re-size images
2. be able to embed said images into ebay item descriptions

Anything good out there?

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I use picasaweb mostly; 10x faster, no ads, etc; easily zoom in and out on cards; much smoother, IMO; not sure if they use html for what you need, but I think so; check it out

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I use picasaweb mostly; 10x faster, no ads, etc; easily zoom in and out on cards; much smoother, IMO; not sure if they use html for what you need, but I think so; check it out

Does it provide image links for posting on forums?

Sent from my portable **** viewing device!

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I still use Photobucket for collecting and Picasa for personal photos. I agree that Photobucket seems to be tinkering with their options and defaults lately. I might switch to Picasa but that's gonna be a tedious process that I'm not looking forward to.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Switched to Picasa this weekend and love it, and yes, you can link to sites just ike you can do with PB.

I tried picasa, but it seems not to be for people like me who only use it to link images to my ebay listing descriptions. I can't even create separate folders for everything (baseball/football/hockey/etc...), I can't easily re-size the images like PB used to allow and I don't see HTML image codes on the images to link to my ebay descriptions. Kinda bummed out that photobucket did this. I have no idea what to do.

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
I tried picasa, but it seems not to be for people like me who only use it to link images to my ebay listing descriptions. I can't even create separate folders for everything (baseball/football/hockey/etc...), I can't easily re-size the images like PB used to allow and I don't see HTML image codes on the images to link to my ebay descriptions. Kinda bummed out that photobucket did this. I have no idea what to do.

You might be making the same mistake I made when I first started. Create your folders so that others can access them with links. The default is to make them private, and if that's the case than you will NOT be able to see the process for linking pics to threads or eBay auctions. Also, when linking you can change the size of pics from "thumbnail" on up.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I liked the old Photobucket's album feature. I set a few to "public" and used them to show off a few of my collections. The Albums in the new photobucket are a joke, showing thumbnails of half the image and not allowing any sort of re-ordering.

Anyone find a solid alternative for this? I just want to be able to say "here's a link" and allow the person who clicks it a nice view (full thumbnails) of the cards I want to show off. I also want to associate titles and notes with the pictures.

Why'd Photobucket have to screw around with a good thing? Reminds me of Ebay's new anti-wildcard search update: remove features and call it an update.

Last edited:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Here the features they are working on:

Feature Updates : Photobucket Support

Coming Soon

• Slideshow
  • Custom sorting in Organize Mode
  • Download album
  • Upload from the web with a URL
  • Infinite Scroll functionality changes
  • Search for username
  • Photo metadata
  • Sort by filename <-----------THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN SOON!
  • Search within album
  • Import email contacts for sharing
  • Upload to current album

URL]