Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards in a binder vs toploader/boxes..pros/cons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Thinking of moving some of my mid end PC cards into my VU binder. Any risks with autos or corners in terms of keeping them in a binder? I plan to use penny sleeves as well as keeping them in there.

My thoughts are that binders keep the cards out of UV light and make it easy to kinda open up and enjoy. Plus the space saving pleases the lady friend.

Any downsides to binders that I am overlooking? For arguments sake, assume nothing with a BV over $30.

THANKS!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
If you need to do any re-organizing, binders are tougher to deal with. Other than that, if you place the cards in the binders, use D ring binders and don't overload them, I think you should be fine.
DANNY

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks!

Tonight will commence operation Anti-Mitt Romney (binders entirely devoid of women).

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Everything I have thats not in the safe is in a binder (except for GU cards since they wont fit). I love to be able to grab one and just go thru it.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Avery Heavy Duty 3" D ring binder.

Organizing by sport/player/auto/non/etc.

My girlfriend is skeptical that this is indeed the way I want to spend my birthday, but it is.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i have 4 or 5 binders, they work great easy to access, i just picked up a binder at a yard sale half full of cards. $5 dollars. i bought it just because it had 15 or 20 empty nice sleeves.

Members online