Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Set Collectors! What set are you most looking forward to in 2013?

What set are you most looking forward to?

• Topps Series 1, 2 and Update

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Bowman

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bowman Platinum

• Topps Chrome

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Topps Archives

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Allen and Ginter

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Gypsy Queen

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Heritage

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Pro Debut

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
With Series 1 out for about a week now, a new year of collecting has begun. Of all the products being released this year, which set are you most looking forward to putting together and why?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Of those sets I chose Heritage, which I think I'm going to build this year. But I'm hoping something new will appear other than $100/pack sets, retro designs, and rookie products.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
Yeah, I'm not super excited about any of the sets this year but since I like putting one or two together a year, I think I might give Allen and Ginter a try. I'm also hoping something else comes out as well but I thought I would just try to see what other people's opinions are

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Heritage and Pro Debut. I'd include Heritage Minors as a blend of Heritage and Pro Debut. I collect these sets mostly for TTM/IP autos.

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
In my 26 years building sets, this year might be the worst year for set-building. 2013 Topps Series 1 is hum-ho, Series 2 and Update don't appear to be much better, there's a lot of uncertainty around Heritage and the other releases don't interest me.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
In my 26 years building sets, this year might be the worst year for set-building. 2013 Topps Series 1 is hum-ho, Series 2 and Update don't appear to be much better, there's a lot of uncertainty around Heritage and the other releases don't interest me.

I suppose that Topps 1, 2 and Update haven't interested you for a few years? The product hasn't changed for a few years. What would increase your personal interest in the product?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I usually can't wait for the Topps flagship set. This year the design is hideous. I bought a series 1 set and have no plans to do any wax. I hope they change the design for football.

Sent from my portable **** viewing device!

TonyGillen

Feb 25, 2009
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I voted Heritage.

I build the flagship Topps set every year, but it's very quick to complete the base set when you just get one jumbo box for each series. Inserts are very easy and cheap to pick up either at the LCS, card show or Sportslots.

Heritage is more of a challenge to complete, but finding those SP's and inserts for the set feels more rewarding. I also like the added variations that pay homage to the original set.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
Since it seems like the general consensus is that the 2013 sets are not very good across the board, I pose this question. What in your mind would make an ideal set? What do you think would be the perfect (or at least pretty good) combination of design, inserts, checklist, size, etc.? It's kind of a hard question to answer I guess but feel free to be as vague or detailed as you like, or if you have an example, please share!

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I'm a set collector and I'll do Topps, Bowman, and Heritage for sure. Of all these I'm looking forward to Heritage most of all, starting to get into some designs that I really like.

Members online