Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stupid Baseball Shipping Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
What's the best way to ship a baseball? I've never actually done it. Taping up a ball cube seems logical but wonder if it was bad that it might move around a lot?

Thanks
Andrew

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I would plastic bag it, throw it in a small square box and call it good. Ball cubes rattle and move the ball a lot.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks. I'll do that and just make sure to pack it tight w peanuts.

I would use blank newsprint or plain packing paper instead. If you're sending it to a player, they probably don't want to deal with packing peanuts. Plus, paper keeps it's form better and all around easier to work with.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
I'm with Andrew I haven't done this before but am curious. Lets say it is going to a player what's the best way to enclose the return postage? A bigger box?

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
These are the bubble mailers I buy 100 10 5x16 Kraft Bubble Padded Envelopes Mailers Bags 5 10 5 x 16 | eBay

I use 2 of these per ball sent out. My letter, ball, and pen go into a gallon size ziplock bag. The inside bubble mailer is addressed to and from myself with proper postage on it. With the new shipping costs it is 2.75 (7oz) for the return which is 6 stamps. The outside bubble mailer addresed to the player, and I'm not sure of the new price yet as I take mine to the Post Office. In the continenatal US.

When I get my package back from a player, if its not too beat up, resend the incoming bubble mailer to another player.

I avaerage about 50% getting the ziplock bag back, and 30% getting my pen back. I use the
10 Pack BIC Cristal Medium Blue Ball Point Pens 1 0mm Stick Crystal | eBay

If you buy the pens at back to school time will cost about $1 for a 10 pack.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
I do basically the same as the video other than putting it into a ziploc bag. The pen is in the same place as the ball and letter. The pen won't fall to the bottom of the mailer.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
Great stuff thanks for all the input... I'm going to send one out this weekend.

Just so you know, as a caveat that I don't send my balls out until June. I live in Wisconsin and its a high of 15 degrees today. If you live in a cold weather climate or are sending to a cold weather climate that the pen(if you send it) will be probably sitting out in the cold. I use this season to write my notes and send my balls June through October.

My experiment wasn't scientific. I took a pen I was going to use and left it in my car for a couple days in the cold. Then, I brought it into the house for an hour and tried to use it. I chose that the results from the pen being subjected in the cold did not work as well as ones that were in the warmth.

Latest posts