Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

In case no one noticed, College Baseball Started on Friday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
The first opening day of the season!

My Commodores beat the dirtbags, with a nice performance from Kevin Ziomek.

Interesting to see Carlos Rodon get hit around by Appalachian State (his first career loss, I think).

Any other college baseball fans around?

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Wow, didn't notice that Appel and Manaea got roughed up and took losses, too. Covey got roughed up, and Whitson out for the season. Pretty bad week for former/future high first round picks. I'm a little scared for Tyler Beede...

Stanek looked good, hope Ficiciello can get back soon.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Think I'm going to try and semi follow college baseball this year. Saw sdsu crushed USD and kris Bryant went 0-3.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Following college baseball is a bunch of fun. Players playing for a common cause, no super huge egos, a lot more strategy than exists in a lot of pro games. You see a lot of guys on the top railing, and running out to great the team after each inning.

Oh, and if you pay attention, it can help with prospecting...If you follow certain teams, there is just a ton of talent. The Diamond Dores have 18 players that have previously been drafted, and have had a first round pick on the weekend staff each year since 2003. The SEC just oozes talent. Arkansas has a couple first rounders, Florida is Florida, LSU has some fun guys.

I don't know much about the western conferences. I know Stanford has a couple good guys to follow (Wilson, Ragira, Vanegas), and Lorenzen at CSF is a great two-way guy.

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
I was going to go watch Rice this weekend but friggin work got in the way... Oh well at least they are off to a good start

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Kubitza outpitched Mark Appel by a significant margin. Gotta be happy about that.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I like Kubitza a lot. Factoring in Simms, Rice can stay in a lot of games late. Not too sure about their offense, but they should be the class of CUSA.

Vanderbilt won again. Tyler Beede overcame some control issues and a really inconsistent zone (the ump was bad both ways, even the LBSU kids got squeezed) to pick up the W. Scored 12 runs on only 5 hits, but took ten walks, 4 errors and 3 HBP. Xavier Turner looks great for a Freshman, and Conrad and Jack Lupo came up big.

Members online

Latest posts