Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anybody here attend Tampa Bay Rays games?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I'm working on a paper for a Sports Marketing class and wanted to see if anybody has recently attended any games? Mainly trying to find out about any in-game marketing they do, like in between innings for example. Any help would be much appreciated!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Ask some Red Sox or Yankees fans. They should have more experience going to Tropicana field than Rays fans.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
For those of you that have been there, do you think Tropicana Field being a dump is the only reason though? Or do you think their marketing department could do a better job attracting fans to the games?

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
For those of you that have been there, do you think Tropicana Field being a dump is the only reason though? Or do you think their marketing department could do a better job attracting fans to the games?

The Trop is a dump and is in a crappy location. The Drive from the outskirts of Tampa to St Pete sucks. I still manage to go a few times a year though.

They do a lot of little things in between innings. Usually have the Pepsi race, Rays girls shooting shirts into the crowd, giveaways, etc. Can't remember anymore lol

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Nothing wrong with 72 degree shade in the middle of July when its 95 outside. Two things when you go to the Trop, you know a game with be played and you will be comfortable.

There best promo is the 10 k free pizza deal. If the Rays pitchers rack up 10K's within a 9 inning frame,. every ticket holder wins a one topping free pizza from Papa John's.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Nothing wrong with 72 degree shade in the middle of July when its 95 outside. Two things when you go to the Trop, you know a game with be played and you will be comfortable.

There best promo is the 10 k free pizza deal. If the Rays pitchers rack up 10K's within a 9 inning frame,. every ticket holder wins a one topping free pizza from Papa John's.

I love that its indoor. The summer down here is brutal so it is very nice to be inside watching a game. I have about a 50% success rate of going to games that have 10k's.

To answer the previous question by the op. I don't think it has anything to do with marketing. I've said it before but I think it's because Florida is nothing but transplants and people already have loyalties to teams from where they grew up

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I wouldn't be shocked if the Rays in 2018 are playing in Salt Lake City. Its got the population and tax money to support a stadium. The Miami fiasco killed any chance of Tampa/St Petersburg area getting a new stadium.

Members online

Latest posts