Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DBacks puzzling offseason continues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Basically getting anything for Campana seems like a win to me.

I don't know a thing about the 2 prospects we got for him but they have to be better than Campana.
[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION] thoughts??

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
From the article, not a glowing review:

As for the return package, the Cubs will receive two 17-year-old right-handers -- Erik Leal and Jesus Castillo -- who have shown the ability to miss bats at the bottom-most levels of the D-Backs' system. It's likely they'll never achieve much of consequence at the highest level, but parting with even one lottery ticket in exchange for a player like Campana is hard to justify.

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
Basically getting anything for Campana seems like a win to me.

I don't know a thing about the 2 prospects we got for him but they have to be better than Campana.
[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION] thoughts??

With you in this one, maybe the guys they got in return won't amount to anything, but at this point, a bag of balls had more trade value than tony.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
Awww. Laugh all you want, but I kind of liked Campana. He played hard. I remember when he got his first homerun, I thought "How the **** did Tony Campana hit a homerun?" Figures it was inside the park, haha

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I seen somewhere that Doug Flute was going to get a shot as Knuckleballer in the D-Bags system?

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online