Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Canseco explains gravity, and it's awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Ancient gravity was much weaker. You ever wonder why nothing REALLY big exists today in nature? Animal tissue of muscles and ligaments could not support huge dinosaurs even standing up or pump blood up 60 foot necks. Gravity had to be weaker to make dinosaurs nimble. My theory is the core of the planet shifted when single continent formed to keep us in a balanced spin. The land was farther away from the core and had much less gravity so bigness could develop and dominate. I may not be 100% right but think about it. How else could 30 foot leather birds fly?

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I neither like nor dislike this post. Stupid shifting tablet screen.

Anyway, my first thought was, "WAT?"

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
He does have a point about the arterial circulation but still...does anyone really know how big a t-rex heart was? I mean, I'd imagine they were quite massive...as were all of their organs. But that's a lot of blood being pumped, especially in maximal exertion exercise. Got wonder what their hearts were like, their normal resting and max BP's, and their VO2 max. Be pretty interesting. I'm sure given the size of the creatures, some smart person could figure out a half ass formula....

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It's no more crazy than those who either deny dinosaurs existed or believe the earth is a few thousand years old. Actually, his theory is more believable than those :lol:.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
It's no more crazy than those who either deny dinosaurs existed or believe the earth is a few thousand years old. Actually, his theory is more believable than those :lol:.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

I've run into a few of the folks who believe dinosaurs didn't exist. Never run into any that had a good reason for believing it though....

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Neal Adams, the legendary comic book artist, has some wild theories about how tectonics and the movement of continents is way off, and they sound kind of similar to Canseco. And I've read something about how there's even some science to dispute what seems to be common wisdom right now, like if there was once one big continent, all the water currently spread fairly evenly around the globe right now would've been displaced, and if there was a greater concentration of rock somewhere on the globe, the Earth would've been thrown off it's axis because the center of gravity would be off-kilter. I don't know about all the math involved in computing the mass of continents and the history of the Earth's core, but we're here now.

The rate Pangea broke up at would not have had an impact on Panthalassa. At a separation rate of even several dozen inches a year the water would have been able to fill in any voids left in the plates as the drifted apart.

I don't see how the land mass would throw the axis off. The total amount of earth mass would not have been effected unless mass was added from an outside source. The form and positioning of mass wouldn't cause a curveball effect unless it was a sudden jolt to the planet. Like the Chilean earthquake.

Sent from my motorolla startac.

Latest posts