Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Found My Collecting Focus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KnuckleballNation

Dec 2, 2012
Books. Baseball Books. Can't believe I didn't see it sooner. I was all set to get back into cards but just couldn't find a place to start. I didn't know what I wanted to collect. Cubs, Astros, Pitchers, Hitters, Big Names, Fav Players... no clue where to begin. When I jump into something I JUMP IN. I want to do everything at once and make up for everything right away. Thing is I find myself getting easily discouraged more often than not. But books have always been there. I'll pick them up wherever I see them and I never have to worry about them because they're all a piece of history in my eyes. New, old, or the future. Love em to death! I've had the good fortune to find some pretty sweet ones, some not so sweet, and have missed more than my fair share of epic ones. I want to share them with y'all. Did some nifty thrifty camera skillz with the phone and here's what we got.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1361259744.697932.jpg

The Pirates books; Glory Years, Fantasy Camp, and We Had Em All The Way have some nice autos in them. Picked them up at the local library for a couple bucks and was surprised as hell at what I found. Frank Thomas, Andy Van Slyke, Maz, Clemente, Lemuix, Nellie King, Pistol Pete, Elroy Face to name a few.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1361260135.596644.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1361260162.068531.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1361260187.735401.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1361260242.131055.jpg

KnuckleballNation

Dec 2, 2012
The last two pictures,

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1361260420.550665.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1361260436.661257.jpg

It's my first time making my own topic I believe and if I did it wrong apologies ahead of time. For the Gwynn Boyz, bottom right is that book I was recommending ya. Two books over from that is the Price Guide for that Noah fellow. That's what you'd be looking for.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm about 99.999% sure that the autographs from the Pittsburgh books you show are facsimiles. Don Hoak died in 1969, Clemente in 1972. Looking at that author's website it mentions that he just finished his 18th book about Pittsburgh in the past 18 years so it's doubtful that any of these were written while either of those guys were alive. I hope I'm wrong but I kinda doubt it.

KnuckleballNation

Dec 2, 2012
I'm not too worried. I'll still be keeping them. Will make a great Tall Tale. ;). Thank you for the insight on them. What are facsimiles by the way?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Love it. There are a few of us here that run around to thrift stores looking for signed books.

Haven't found one in a while, but I did find a SWEET Bill O'Reilly signed book last time.

Members online

Latest posts