Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rangers Prospect: Joey Gallo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

"The kid looked like he was 30," Meek said. "You almost have to shrug it off. You're like ‘Dude, really?' I don't want to see 500 foot homers the second day of spring training. It doesn't really matter. As a pitcher you can tell when a guy has a nice swing and he did."

What do you guys think about this kid? What's a player you would compare to him? Also if he watches his SOs do you see him someday being a productive player for the Rangers?

Saw this article off of a twitter post -- > Rangers Gallo enjoying first spring experience

Also saw his Bowman Draft base autograph crack 40 dollars
2012 Bowman Draft Chrome Joey Gallo Autographed Auto Rookie Card | eBay

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
What do Mark Reynolds or richie sexson BCautos sell for these days?

Prodigous, amazing power. But he might never get a fastball above A ball.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
The power numbers are awesome, hopefully some hitting coaches will help with selection and the strikeouts.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
001.jpg

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I know those guys don't have BC autos. It was a snide comment.

Ryan Harvey most certainly had BC autos. His 04 Northwoods season was similar to Gallo's pro debut. Homers at a clip that put him at around 40/year projected, but also on track for 200 plus k's. Maybe I'm weird, but I'd rather take a player with a plus contact tool that K's less than once per game and have him grow into power, than ask a power guy, who most scouts agree generates his power from a long swing, and ask him to learn not to strike out. It clearly isn't a batting eye problem as evidenced by his rather high walk rate for a high k rate guy.

If the question is "can you make money on his cards", then maybe yes depending on the buy in. If the question is do I see his prices matching his merit and likelihood of MLB success? To me, no.

But, that's why the play the games on grass on not on computers, right?

Members online

Latest posts