Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just a little tired of complicated language.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
There are plenty of times I will buy multiple items from a seller simply because I can save on shipping.For the most part I will always check to make sure its combined first but if its something I need reguardless....I buy it anyway and just deal with the consequences.No big deal.

My frustration is starting to build from the fact that a lot of sellers on ebay put some unnecessarily complicated language in their auctions and even in their store fronts about their shipping.Either the shipping is combined or not.Now if you don't mention it at all then I would feel obligated to ask.But if your going to mention anything...just say its combined or it isn't.Its that simple.There is no need for making it into something only a rocket scientists can understand.

I even asked a guy the other day because I saw his store front and he had some stuff I wanted and I couldn't understand what his terms were.After he responded...I still couldn't understand him.I suppose I could have emailed him again but the way I feel...I think it would have been a waste of my time.So he lost my business.I was eyeing about $60 worth of stuff which may not be much but its still $60.He lost my business because he cannot speak in a clear manner.Either its combined or its not.All he did was reiterate what he had written on his store front home page so I think he believes its clear enough.But he still didn't answer my question as it was posed and I wonder if sellers are doing this to gain more money from the shipping charges and if a buyer doesn't like it then the seller has just cause for hitting them with a non paying bidder strike.Its almost like they want you to assume ,that since they replied back to you ,that they are combining the shipping.But if you think thats whats going on and then buy a bunch of items and they won't combine...you as the buyer are out of luck not them.

I am capable of understanding what I read but I figure if I can't understand what they have in their auction or store front...they are trying to pull something.Especially when the response is just as confusing and for no good reason.

Anybody else get aggravated by this?

PrescottSportsCards

Aug 9, 2008
i always tell buyers I do, but never list a price as I dunno how much or what they're buying, but, inevitably its only a couple bucks more at most than just 1 item shipping.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
I recently added the line listed below to all my auctions because I was having trouble with a buyer who bought multiple cards over 4 days and wanted to have any cards he bought in 10 days shipped as one lot.

The least amount of time that ebay states for combined shipping is 3 days. I personally think 3 days is too long because I provide 1 day shipping after auction endings if the Post Office is open.

Does the statement below seem clear to you?

SHIPPING DISCOUNTS OF $.25 PER CARD FOR ADDITIONAL CARDS APPLY FOR ALL CARDS PURCHASED WITHIN A THREE DAY PERIOD.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Craig Smith said:
I recently added the line listed below to all my auctions because I was having trouble with a buyer who bought multiple cards over 4 days and wanted to have any cards he bought in 10 days shipped as one lot.

The least amount of time that ebay states for combined shipping is 3 days. I personally think 3 days is too long because I provide 1 day shipping after auction endings if the Post Office is open.

Does the statement below seem clear to you?

SHIPPING DISCOUNTS OF $.25 PER CARD FOR ADDITIONAL CARDS APPLY FOR ALL CARDS PURCHASED WITHIN A THREE DAY PERIOD.

Well...do you mean 25 cents off of the normal shipping price or just an additional 25 cents for each additional card won within three days?If its the latter then yes I fully understand it although it could be worded a little better for your average numbskull.Either way its still easier to understand than some of the stuff people come up with.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I get your point but I can also understand the seller's having to continue to add term's to safeguard themselves from buyer's whom try to take advantage of thier kindness. I have had to incorporate the samething as another member just wrote above, that I combine s&h for item's won within 72 hour's of eachother (I've had someone win something, wait until the last day of the NPB dispute, buy another item, and ask for them to be combined...Ridiculous! :? ).

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I once asked a seller if he did combined shipping and he replied something like "I'm not looking to make money off of your shipping. I'll take care of you." Is this some kind of code? Why not just say it is 25 cents or 50 cents extra per auction won? Take out the confusion and make it easy to understand. He was honest with me as I bid and won multiple things, but I was prepared for high shipping. I think being clear up front will get your more customers all the time.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
I get your point but I can also understand the seller's having to continue to add term's to safeguard themselves from buyer's whom try to take advantage of thier kindness. I have had to incorporate the samething as another member just wrote above, that I combine s&h for item's won within 72 hour's of eachother (I've had someone win something, wait until the last day of the NPB dispute, buy another item, and ask for them to be combined...Ridiculous! :? ).

I get you totally and if I win items and want combined shipping its either a bunch of BIN's or a bunch of auctions within minutes or at the very most a day of each other.I understand the three day rule which is why I have no problem with that.Besides...its pretty clear anyway.The only thing I want to know as a buyer is if the cards can be combined and if so for how much.Some sellers just can't understand some things they say can confuse a person more and if you read it wrong...its your problem.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Mine is very explicit. 2.99 for the first item, 1.00 for the 2nd, and .25 for each additional item.

Yeah...thats something anyone should be able to understand.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
this is mine....

One time Shipping charge. If you win 1 auction its $2.00. If you win 4 it's still $2.00.

And this was put in by ebay..

Free shipping for each additional eligible item you buy

It worked well when I had a store.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
this is mine....

One time Shipping charge. If you win 1 auction its $2.00. If you win 4 it's still $2.00.

And this was put in by ebay..

Free shipping for each additional eligible item you buy

It worked well when I had a store.

You would think they would have a spot in turbo lister or whatever way the seller is listing his auctions or BIN's to where you could input whatever your terms are and they standardize the language so it can still say what you want it to say but in a wholly generic manner so each auction from seller to seller is identical.

There have even been a few times where I was waiting on a reply from a seller on how he shipped when an item I was watching was purchased by someone else.While its my fault for not biting the bullet I think its kind of a bummer I lost out because they could not be more clear.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
"SHIPPING DISCOUNTS OF $.25 PER CARD FOR ADDITIONAL CARDS APPLY FOR ALL CARDS PURCHASED WITHIN A THREE DAY PERIOD."

I see what you mean. I will make changes in any future auctions I list.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
3.00 max here. youre welcome aaron ;) even if i lose money on shipping, i feel capping the shipping makes others bid on stuff they normally wouldnt buy so it all works out. but yes, some sellers are a little shady or vague in their wording and if they say they combine but dont leave specifics, ball is really in my court as the buyer, especially with the new feedback changes

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
sorry guys ot but how does turbo listing work also do you have a link to the website? Ya I hate it when i can't understand how much shipping is for multi cards.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
n1astrosfn said:
3.00 max here. youre welcome aaron ;) even if i lose money on shipping, i feel capping the shipping makes others bid on stuff they normally wouldnt buy so it all works out. but yes, some sellers are a little shady or vague in their wording and if they say they combine but dont leave specifics, ball is really in my court as the buyer, especially with the new feedback changes

Yes...thanks a lot for the good shipping price :D .Besides...anytime you throw up some Bagwells you know I will try to buy at least a few things.And you also know any time you put anything up its always being watched by a few of us Bags collectors and becomes heavily bid on.Just remember...no more ending auctions right at the very end of the super bowl! :lol: :p

Honestly the way I think about combining shipping is I don't mind paying more for shipping if I buy a whole lot of cards because the more you buy the more the seller has to pay to ship.I don't always expect combined shipping.My thought is if your cheap enough to not combine a few cards won within a few days of each other...I don't really want to buy from a seller like that.If I happen to buy so many cards from you that it makes shipping expensive for you...I don't expect you as a seller to take a loss on it.I have no problem paying more.That I believe is very fair.I also think its dumb to ask for people to combine stuff won several days after the first items are won.I wouldn't ask for that nor would I be mad at a seller for saying they don't do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts