Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Has What You Need - According to this garbage spam email they sent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I got an email titled "We got what you need" from Beckett. I figured it was coupons for that fantasy literature they call a price guide. I wasn't entirely wrong. They hit me up about their great new appraisal service! I can't wait for clowns on ebay to start using "$10,000 $$$$ Beckett Appraised H@T!!" in their titles if anyone is dumb enough to use this service.

I wish corporations really were people like the law said so I could punt them in the nads and slap them in the face.

Beckett Certified Appraisal will provide you with the market value of your rarest cards.
Takes the guesswork out of buying and selling rare cards
Written appraisal is great for insurance purposes
Stop spending time searching auction results

For as low as $12 per item, our experts will provide you with a researched market value of your low print runs, 1/1's, variations, print plates, Scarce Graded Cards, and more. Using the certificate you'll receive, it will be easier to get the best value for your cards.

For $12 an item*, a company that has proven themselves inept to gauge value on cards readily available on the market will pull a number form their ass for your rare cards. Stop taking a few minutes to look through completed auctions (or use the quicker FCB Online Price Guide at the top of every FCB forum page), and spend an hour's worth of income to have them do it for you! F*** off, Beckett.

*The email says starting at $12, but the site it links to says $15. They can't even get the value right on the services they charge.

They then went on to spam their regular "price guide" to me. When I go to the book store or Wal Mart and I see Beckett, I move the few copies they stock and put them into the fantasy literature section. Yes, I'm that petty and childish :lol:.

I hope Beckett HQ gets hit by the next passing asteroid.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
You need to thank Beckett.. This site wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them!

If you got spammed by them, that must mean you still have an account with them..

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I still use Beckett regularly. More often than here by quite a bit as its easier to trade for me on there. And to see what cards I do or don't need. Do I follow the price guide? No, only in trade values.
Do I agree the appraisal service is dumb? Yes I do.
Btw, I didn't get that email

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Piss_on_Beckett.jpg

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Had a seller already use that line on me. Beckett appraised $250 on probably a $135-$140 card.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
It seems that offering this service is a 'no-win situation' for Beckett. If Beckett is TOO accurate in determining the value of the rarest cards, people will suspect them of price fixing. If they're off by too much they're incompetent. Is Beckett offering a guarantee of any kind?

The only thing I can see Beckett doing is providing a customer with what recent sales of similar cards have sold for... but in some (many?) cases there's little rhyme or reason why the rarest cards sell for whatever amount they sell for.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I would imagine that the shelf life of their quoted "value" would be short, particularly in the new stuff. Someone could send in a hot prospect and get a very high quote and then said player crashes and burns and five months later that quoted "value" is shot. However, I would then imagine that whoever had the certificate would still tote it around trying to get that value for the card.

Members online