Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lars "Hot Potato" Anderson's Journey So Far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I hope this guy has frequent flyer miles.

- Drafted by the Red Sox in 2006.
- Traded to the Indians in July 2012.
- Traded to the D-Backs in December 2012.
- Designated for assignment by the D-Backs.
- Selected off waivers by the White Sox on 2/1/13.
- Designated for assignment by the White Sox.
- Selected off waivers by the Blue Jays on 2/25/13.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I hope nobody invested heavily

I got 3 autos

2008 Bowman BCP au 9.5/10
2011 Bowman RC blue ref au /250
2011 Bowman RC ref au /500

Cards are available if a Jays fan is needing them. LMK.

ANDERSONBLUEAUNS.jpg

ANDERSONLCHRAU.jpg

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
He's had very little extended periods of success outside of A+ ball. Certainly one of the bigger prospect busts out of the Sox system in recent memory. But again, all his hype came from success at low levels, of which a lot came in very hitter friendly parks/leagues

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I think if given the opportunity, he could turn into a decent player. He is a good fielding first basemen, and has potential with the bat. He'll never give you eye-popping numbers but he is still young so there is some upside. Doesn't hurt to take a flyer on him, especially since he does not have any history of injuries.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
He should give some travel tips to Matt Laporta; who's likely to start that sort of path rather soon. (Just at a later age)

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I think if given the opportunity, he could turn into a decent player. He is a good fielding first basemen, and has potential with the bat. He'll never give you eye-popping numbers but he is still young so there is some upside. Doesn't hurt to take a flyer on him, especially since he does not have any history of injuries.

totally agree with this

Lars has potential to be a solid hitter and even shows good power at times. He's one of those fringe guys who always manages to get himself beat out of the roster spot by someone slightly better or more versatile, etc. I hope he finds a spot somewhere. He seems like a good dude.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Fringe guy? His best years have been sub .270 BA in AAA with barely double digit HR power who strikes out almost 25% of the time. His best season overall was in Lancaster where everyone hits, and he hit .317 with 13 HR. And his 2-3 best years were largely due to .425 BABIP

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
And now he's been reacquired by the White Sox! ::facepalm::

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app