Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Mickey Mantle None Double 3B Error? What is up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Mantle.jpgOn a whim I purchased a 2012 Topps factory set for $35 which had two variations of Harper, Darvish, and Cespedes and a relic card with dirt from Fenway park in it. When looking up prices on Beckett I came across the #7 card of Mickey Mantle. Beckett lists it as an uncorrected error with 3B stat line listed twice on the back for $3. I've also searched ebay and the web and only found the 3B double 'error'. The card I pulled has his stats correct with no double 3B. Do I have something special or just something normal that hasn't been caught up yet.

Last edited:

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Yup, reason I found this site is because a friend noticed I was using Beckett and said 'f that, go to FCB!'. A hardened collector like me is always skeptical, but figured I'd send it up the flagpole. Thanks 'Super Moderator' :)

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
I can confirm for you that what you have is definitely different than my pack pulled Mantle from 2012 which has the 2B category heading as 3B. It looks like Topps did actually correct that error. Makes me wonder what else they might have corrected in the set. I am surprised that this is the first we are hearing about the correction.