Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Photobucket organize question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Since Photobucket is apparently run by a bunch of idiots who feel the need to change things that weren't broken, I now have an issue that the answer to isn't intuitive.

How in the blue XXXX can I simply organize my files alphabetically by title. It used to be a simple option in a simple drop-down. Now, the thing is worthess. I click the "Organize" link and I can do exactly nothing that I would consider organizing.

Any help would be appreciated.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Yeah I can't even re arrange my photos, emailed them and they said that some can and some can't but everyone should be able to soon??????

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I can't figure out why some of my photos were randomly moved and reorganized in the relaunch.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Yeah, I've had it with photo bucket. Haven't uploaded anything new there in a while. Their $#!tty new format had me signing up for free trials on some of the paid sites. I think I've decided to dish out the $30 per year for zenfolio. Its pretty bad@$$ and its really not that expensive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Use Google Picasa Web Albums. The only drawback is no sub-folders.

You can resize photos by just changing the URL. No need to resave the picture.

For example...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-e0UJB76vz-8/UNtEgYcJHhI/AAAAAAAAALA/Z2NJ88uRs0E/s400/CS_Super_09BowC.JPG]

The "s400" in the URL is the height of the image. Change that and it resizes the image.

Original
CS_Super_09BowC.JPG

S150
CS_Super_09BowC.JPG

S10
CS_Super_09BowC.JPG

Ok, you may not need a picture that small. ;)

It's handy to be able to resize an image by just changing the URL. You can upload HUGE pictures if you want and change the size on the fly.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Looking at how crappy the new so called upgrade is, and the fact that it was released without all the features being available, I shall call this PhotoBeckett.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Looking at how crappy the new so called upgrade is, and the fact that it was released without all the features being available, I shall call this PhotoBeckett.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

HAHAHA! I like it. I'm gonna start using that. :)

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
It was 190ish it was a bit of work but it was easier than the website.

Sent from my motorolla startac.

I have like 1500 JJ pics. No way in hell I'm wasting my valuable time doing such nonsense. I'm gonna go back to Amish Dave and not have any pics up of my cards anywhere !

I have like 1500 JJ pics. No way in hell I'm wasting my valuable time doing such nonsense. I'm gonna go back to Amish Dave and not have any pics up of my cards anywhere !

Ok I understand that's a bit of work.. But don't insult my intelligence and say your time is valuable!

A fellow member gave me a great idea about using my own website to store.. I'll probably do that when I can rathole the $3 it takes.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I would never dare to insult your intelligence. It would take too much of my valuable time to do so ...

Ok I understand that's a bit of work.. But don't insult my intelligence and say your time is valuable!

A fellow member gave me a great idea about using my own website to store.. I'll probably do that when I can rathole the $3 it takes.

Latest posts