Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hotlist suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Denard Robinson!

His cards certainly came out of the gate pretty hot. Many of the top Combine performers like Cordarelle Patterson and Tavon Austin are selling pretty well from the new Leaf Draft. A couple other decent sales with a Blue /25 Marcus Lattimore, reconstructed knees and all, fetching $50. And, $30 for the Honey Badger base auto? Someone was smoking some of Tyrann's dope. I did not pay real close attention to prices when the same product went live last year but it seems like the skill players are selling for a lot more this year, Luck and Griffin aside. Perhaps this is a result of not having several "can't miss" types to chase this year leaving prospectors more dough to spread around on other guys... and/or more people getting in the game. Also, perhaps more people believing Leaf has some staying power.

Not necessarily Hot List material but worthy of note, low end 2012 Topps Chrome auto redemption cards of are fetching the highest prices I've seen to date. Dwayne Allen $15-20 being one example. It seems buyers are now putting up to a $15 premium on the Blue Wave pack that will accompany the redeemed card. I wish I would have been more aggressive buying these things when they were going for as much as half than current rate but am still waiting on perhaps a few dozen.

Last edited:

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Joe Flacco? FB isn't really hot right now as people I guess are waiting for NT to hit. One thing for the cold list is UD SPA FB. Literally it is sitting on every store shelf in Indy. Yeah I know there is no Luck except a "redemption that maybe him" so it's not the best market but man is it cold.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Joe Flacco? FB isn't really hot right now as people I guess are waiting for NT to hit. One thing for the cold list is UD SPA FB. Literally it is sitting on every store shelf in Indy. Yeah I know there is no Luck except a "redemption that maybe him" so it's not the best market but man is it cold.

Flacco has cooled off a bit despite the contract. Kinda reminds me of Eli Manning card sales after his first Super Bowl victory. Kinda reminds me of Eli's career in general as both had their moments but had inconsistent play leaving fans with some doubt. Collectors were kinda ho-hum after a couple weeks after Eli won his first Super Bowl and it wasn't until the playoffs of second Super Bowl season when his cards really started to rocket. Some Flacco rookie autos can still be had for $20. It would be hard to find even a Sage or Press Pass Eli rookie year auto going for less than $40. I know I'm comparing different collecting markets but I see a very similar path. If Flacco has a big season then I think collectors will really start buying in droves.

I did take a quick look at some SPA stuff and am not seeing much change in hammer price on singles. The set remains popular despite NCAA uniforms. I've been picking up Stephen Hill cards this off season and the SPA auto /425 are fetching $20 or more while I can pick up a random Panini jersey auto card of Hill in Jets uniform for as little as $5 delivered.

Members online

Latest posts