Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies phans - Ryan Howard huh....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
what do you think? I know it is pre-season but he is going nuts. 3 home runs and a .417 average with 10 rbi's in 9 games. I like this beacuse it will be a morral builder for him. Also Dom. Brown is waking up. i feel he will shine if he gets to play more.
BROWNDOMONIC.jpg

HOWARDRYANJERSEYBATAUTO.jpg

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Well, Like I said it is only Pre-season but I feel this does help players moral esp. Coming off a bad injury like Howard had.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Howard is a great talent no doubt, if he somehow generates better control at the plate then astounding triple crown type numbers are not out of the question. Thing is... Can a 33 year old, lifetime .271 hitter who is not too far removed from a horrible injury turn in to Barry Bonds? I do not think so. Despite the now, I foresee Howard having a ~.260 year with less than 100 games this year and perhaps 70 RBI and 25 or so HR's. I think he is on the decline now and his body is breaking down, from the ground up. I would not be shocked to see another achilles injury in the first month of baseball either.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Howard is a great talent no doubt, if he somehow generates better control at the plate then astounding triple crown type numbers are not out of the question. Thing is... Can a 33 year old, lifetime .271 hitter who is not too far removed from a horrible injury turn in to Barry Bonds? I do not think so. Despite the now, I foresee Howard having a ~.260 year with less than 100 games this year and perhaps 70 RBI and 25 or so HR's. I think he is on the decline now and his body is breaking down, from the ground up. I would not be shocked to see another achilles injury in the first month of baseball either.

I hope a lot you said is not true but reality is creeping up on him. Howard isn't much of a "average" player. he is mainly a home run and RBI driver. That's what he was brought up mainly for. But he gets into those slumps where he strikes out a lot but even with all those strike outs he does have a few home run records. thats the thing too, he is 33 he can flop or have a great 8 more years.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Yeah, Eric Hosmer hit 0.398 with 5 HR and 29 RBI in Spring Training last year, and we all know how that turned out.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I hope a lot you said is not true but reality is creeping up on him. Howard isn't much of a "average" player. he is mainly a home run and RBI driver. That's what he was brought up mainly for. But he gets into those slumps where he strikes out a lot but even with all those strike outs he does have a few home run records. thats the thing too, he is 33 he can flop or have a great 8 more years.

Yeah, I hope it is not true either, and I agree average is not everything when taking a run producer like Howard in to question. I just think for him to hit 60-65 HR's like someone mentioned above, he is going to have to have better command over his swing at the plate, be more consistent, and that would inevitably raise his average considerably. The one time he hit 58 HR's he had a .313 average, and if you look at his stats he has really been on the decline since 2010. I watch him and the Phillies a lot, and I just do not think he is the same as pre 2010. Like I said, I hope he has a monster year but I would be happy to see him make 90+ games with 30/90, and not surprised to see a career ending injury.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Yeah, I hope it is not true either, and I agree average is not everything when taking a run producer like Howard in to question. I just think for him to hit 60-65 HR's like someone mentioned above, he is going to have to have better command over his swing at the plate, be more consistent, and that would inevitably raise his average considerably. The one time he hit 58 HR's he had a .313 average, and if you look at his stats he has really been on the decline since 2010. I watch him and the Phillies a lot, and I just do not think he is the same as pre 2010. Like I said, I hope he has a monster year but I would be happy to see him make 90+ games with 30/90, and not surprised to see a career ending injury.
Yea. I'm more realistic than some people when it comes to his home runs. lol. I would love to see 40 this year though If he doesn't produce I believe that will be a beginning of the end for him.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Thanks man. Big fan here too. It was just something I HAD to have made! Leaf does a great job on those executive cuts.

I just remember the rumors that he was a jerk to so many people but then my girlfriend saw him one time back stage and she said he was the coolest guy ever.

Members online