Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Porcello Trade Winds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Andrus or Profar for Porcello?

lol

better have Castellanos in there

Yeah, that's why I stated Porcello for Andrus or Profar would have to be part of a multi-player package. I do understand that a straight up trade of Porcello for either guy is not feasible.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Reports have Porcello increasing his average fastball velocity by 2MPH and he's coming off a year in which he set career highs in strikeout rate and groundball rate. Porcello is extremely underrated and there are many signs showing he's ready to truly breakout.

Just my three or four cents.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Porcello will improve, probably be a #3 type this year, but no where near worth Andrus or Profar.

Look at the Braves, they wouldn't trade Simmons for Upton. Young SS are prime, valuable pieces.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
He is also using his curveball again this year supposedly. I have been saying it since he hit the Majors, but he has flashed brilliance since his rookie year but he has struggled with consistency. I think it's only a matter of time before he figures it out and consistently pitches above average baseball. He never really got the developmental time he needed and was thrown into the show to figure things out. I think it has taken him longer than some people expected to get his stuff together, but I really hope Detroit keeps him because I think he is going to be a valuable pitcher in the long run.

And remember he's still only going to be 24 this entire season.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
He is also using his curveball again this year supposedly. I have been saying it since he hit the Majors, but he has flashed brilliance since his rookie year but he has struggled with consistency. I think it's only a matter of time before he figures it out and consistently pitches above average baseball. He never really got the developmental time he needed and was thrown into the show to figure things out. I think it has taken him longer than some people expected to get his stuff together, but I really hope Detroit keeps him because I think he is going to be a valuable pitcher in the long run.

And remember he's still only going to be 24 this entire season.

hes young with alot of upside, i can see getting a big return for him.

Members online

Latest posts