Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Faded Wade Boggs Sweet Spot AUTO: Anyone have a use for it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
It is numbered /26. Would be a nice card but it has faded badly over the years. You can barely make out his signature on it! I have no use for it so if anyone has a home for it, please LMK. Thanks.

76PSA_0004_zps8772e4db.jpg

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I think Wade signs TTM for $10
Have him sign it in Bic ballpoint, maybe that fake leather will hold that ink?

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I had a 2007 Carlton and sent it to Upper deck last year. They sent me some replacements. I contacted them first and set up a case number to send it in with. here is what they sent me. (yea a dukes auto. WOW)
MARTINRUSSELL.jpg

DUKESELIJAN1.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Gotta be real careful with those sweet spots! Only cards I have from the plastic ball hide set is hunter pence and mainly because the kind of pen/marker used. I'm pretty confident it won't fade. Most of the older sweet spot autos seem to hold well due to the leathery hide of the ball. Anything from 2007, I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and I consider myself lucky with what I do have.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I think I'm going to just replace the auto ball piece with a real baseball auto. I wil get one and cut it out and replace the faded one. Though the other idea is a good one too.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Boggs came in today... Brent, thanks a ton for the card. I can see why it pained you to look at it! I will think about what to do with it. It looks harder to get the piece out than I thought without damaging the card around it. As much as I thin a real cut auto off a ball would look spectacular, I may just try to accelerate the fading and send it to him TTM and resigned.

Members online

Latest posts