Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Manziel controversy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Manziel drives a newer model C class Benz. I can't imagine he's crying too much over Brian Gray making a few bucks with these redemptions.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
If anyone honestly thinks that Manziel didn't see a dime of the majority of his autographs out there...well...there are bridges to buy.

Not implying for a second that Leaf paid Manziel, not for a second. But I would be shocked if Manziel isn't get paid in some way for his sigs.

And if there's a lawsuit...well...he comes payment. All out in the open and possibly tax free.

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Nice signature but I think those cards at ugly. Waste of money on a college athlete...who may do nothing in the future. Maybe he'll be great...maybe I shouldn't talk...

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Anyone remember Reggie Bush saying he took a pay cut when going pro? Boosters pay/buy all kinds of stuff but are usually really good at hiding it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
These leaf cards aremt even a drop in the bucket next to the total number of manziel autos on the market. I have heard from a jsa source that they have authenticated 10, 000 manziel items and you gotta pencil psa in for at least that many and more.

Thrres no way tgat there are this many out there without compensation.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Someone should ask the NCAA what they think about exploiting athletes and getting rich while the athlete doesn't see a dime. I'm sure they'd have some real strong words for Leaf.

/sarcasm

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The athletes get an education, room, board, training, handholding, conditioning, unlimited supplies of *****, and an audition to play for the NFL.

Hell yes... Have you seen his girlfriend? Dime piece fellas, dime piece.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I wasn't a Hesiman winning QB so I can't comment if he is being exploited, but I don't think Jeff's assessment is fair.

His perception may be true for a small number of elite players. The reality that I lived was something different.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I wasn't a Hesiman winning QB so I can't comment if he is being exploited, but I don't think Jeff's assessment is fair.

His perception may be true for a small number of elite players. The reality that I lived was something different.

This is going to sound rude, but it is not intended to be; how many people have asked for your autograph? There is no way I would ever feel sorry for any D1 Football player, the amount of stuff they get in college is completely insane. I especially wouldn't feel bad for someone who just won the Heisman Trophy.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
This is going to sound rude, but it is not intended to be; how many people have asked for your autograph? There is no way I would ever feel sorry for any D1 Football player, the amount of stuff they get in college is completely insane. I especially wouldn't feel bad for someone who just won the Heisman Trophy.

Many times. Any public event I did when I was with St. Louis was an autograph fest. Regardless if you are a scrub that gets cut (me) or Steven Jackson you get bombarded when you are in a recognizable uniform.

Not asking for any empathy. I got lucky. I earned a scholarship after my freshman year (I chose to walk-on) and had a great opportunity in the NFL.

The scholarship 5 star recruit world and the walk-on 1 star recruit world couldn't be more different. It's probably something most programs don't want people to know about.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Espn ran this on sportscenter and has an article on espn.com now....

Not sure I can add much to what has been said.. BG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts