Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This patch is fake, right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I know another one of these threads... but I don't know jack about football cards and this is one that is on my list. Did they make any laundry tags in this product? The frayed edges just don't look right to me.

Thanks for any opinions.

2002 Pittsburgh Steelers Antwaan Randle El Rookie Jersey Card 036 199 | eBay
$T2eC16FHJGkE9no8fzMpBRSO6r1eG!~~60_57.JPG

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
I actually would say real. I had a customer pull a Clinton Portis NFL logo patch from this product back in 2002. No one believed it was real and I would not have believed it ither if I had not seen it pulled myself. Since then, i have seen other logo/tag pieces from this product that came from good ources and also were most likely real.

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
I actually would say real. I had a customer pull a Clinton Portis NFL logo patch from this product back in 2002. No one believed it was real and I would not have believed it ither if I had not seen it pulled myself. Since then, i have seen other logo/tag pieces from this product that came from good ources and also were most likely real.

No way it's real. Look at how jacked up the window is.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I would say real, Topps did a really crappy job on this set. I used to have a few jersey cards from this set and one of them had a similar patch with fraying fabric.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
It looks real, albeit bad fraying. It seems like if they were trying to fake it would have a stripe or part of the logo in the other window and sit above the card's surface, not plain black there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have one of those some place in the place I call the basement. if I find it next week as I go diving in during the clean out and organize process I will post. .

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I think fake. I've never seen a McCown w/anything this good. Only two color patches.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009

Late to the party but I agree with this^ I seen a lot of logo patches from this set when I worked for a shop in 03

Members online

Latest posts