Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strange card pulled from 2013 Topps Opening Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I pulled this card from my 10 boxes
I got 2-3 of each of the other play hard inserts, (except for Prince Fielder, didn't get any either)
Were these supposed to be pulled from production?

$T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q-,+BRS1CiYcqw~~60_3.JPG

Attachments

• $T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q-,+BRS1CiYcqw~~60_3.JPG
    $T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q-,+BRS1CiYcqw~~60_3.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 148

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
A cool insert like the Play Hard Insert would be pieces of GU home run balls with the hitter swinging in the background to make it look like the ball was coming out of the card. You could also do GU balls from no-hitters with pitchers in the background while in their follow through towards home plate.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
A cool insert like the Play Hard Insert would be pieces of GU home run balls with the hitter swinging in the background to make it look like the ball was coming out of the card. You could also do GU balls from no-hitters with pitchers in the background while in their follow through towards home plate.

That's a really neat idea.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Strange really, the die nicks are huge too which is never the case. Could have been part of the set up sheets that slipped in.

There isn't a game used subset of these is there? Even so, the back wouldn't be printed yet is this was a supposed to be a game used card.

Looks to be about the size of a bat nob display area.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
If you look at what part of the player(s) are removed by the punch hole, and taking the name 'play hard' in to consideration, perhaps there was something 'showing' that made the card/theme a bit too much if you get what I am putting down....

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Maybe they used up all they quarters in gypsy queen

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
My guess. GU dirt or soiled clothing that never was finished and slipped past QC. Mama always said you aint doing nothing if they aint talking about you. She never really said that..

Members online

Latest posts