Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone ever been charges additional fees on eBay???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Went to pay for my items this morning and see that I'm being charged $5 additional fees by the seller??? I have never seen or heard of this & it doesn't even explain what it's for. Anyone ever seen this before????
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1363972168.219872.jpg

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I don't think that's allowed. I'd call ebay and tell them the seller is breaking the rules. If the seller refuses to remove the fee, then you don't have to pay for it as long as you let ebay know and they will reverse any NPB the seller opens against you.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
He probably does it a fair amount, and gets caught some...but continues to try to get away with it.

Absolutely zero way to do this accidentally.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I figured out what it was, I had asked him about a couple other cards and he added the other 2 cards in for $5....lol I didn't the the note on the payment page, had to go into order details to see it.::facepalm::

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Dang...I was about to say...though that's a cool way to throw in extra items.He might even be able to skip eBay fees on those.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Speaking of extra fees, I've noticed that since the recent USPS increase a lot of sellers have not only doubled or tripled their S&H charge, but many are also adding an import fee to send to Canada.

1363995848321.jpg

eBay is becoming less of an option if you live outside the US. Who wants to spend so much to get a card that'll just be in a plain old toploader and #000 envelope?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Speaking of extra fees, I've noticed that since the recent USPS increase a lot of sellers have not only doubled or tripled their S&H charge, but many are also adding an import fee to send to Canada.

View attachment 14918

eBay is becoming less of an option if you live outside the US. Who wants to spend so much to get a card that'll just be in a plain old toploader and #000 envelope?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

It sucks but it had to do with covering the customs duties and fees on stuff and some sellers just prepare for the worst and jack up the fees to cover it without looking into specific countries.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well I had a buddy who was selling some cards. He had some stuff I figured we wouldn't agree upon prices for so I waited until he put them up for auction. I won a bunch of them for decent prices. But I know this guy and we figured it'd save him fees if I just paid him cash next time we met up or I pay pal'd him the money gifted. So I paid him that way and the auctions were marked as payment sent but they never went away. Every time I went to pay for something else they'd pop up as needing to be paid for. So we stopped doing that because I figured eventually eBay would get mad about him getting around the fees and might suspend his acct. or mine. Plus, since I knew when he was listing and what he was listing, I figured it might make it look like he was shilling his auctions. So usually he just pulls the stuff I want but not for auctions.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
But I know this guy and we figured it'd save him fees if I just paid him cash next time we met up or I pay pal'd him the money gifted. So I paid him that way and the auctions were marked as payment sent but they never went away.

Only money saved here were Paypal fees which is nothing compared to Ebay fees. Instead marking them "payment sent" he should have opened a claim and selected an option from "We have both agreed not to complete the transaction". He'd then get his FVFs back and you wouldn't get a NPB.

Members online