Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

surprising end price!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
I thought there was an official thread for stuff like this, but I didn't find anything when I searched. Anyways, check out this end price!

1997 Donruss Signature Series Nomar Garciaparra Auto Century Marks 0005 Jersey | eBay

I don't consider myself a Nomar super collector (yet), but I've been tracking the Nomar card market for about 3 years and I definitely wasn't expecting this. Pretty cool/rare set coupled with it being serial #5, but I'm still shocked. Anyone on here win it? If so, congrats. Huge card...

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I thought there was an official thread for stuff like this, but I didn't find anything when I searched. Anyways, check out this end price!

1997 Donruss Signature Series Nomar Garciaparra Auto Century Marks 0005 Jersey | eBay

I don't consider myself a Nomar super collector (yet), but I've been tracking the Nomar card market for about 3 years and I definitely wasn't expecting this. Pretty cool/rare set coupled with it being serial #5, but I'm still shocked. Anyone on here win it? If so, congrats. Huge card...

If that card was not from Taiwan I bet it would have hit $650 Taiwan always scares buyers, or at least me.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
There are some seriously fanatic Nomar collectors out there. While it's definitely a very high price I'm not all that suprised. Any card serial nuimbered 5/*** always sells for a serious premium. Congrats to the seller.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
If that card was not from Taiwan I bet it would have hit $650 Taiwan always scares buyers, or at least me.

greg0811 is a very well respected Taiwan seller.. I have bought and sold from him over the years..

When I see a Taiwan auction, if it's his, I have no problem putting a nice snipe in..

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
greg0811 is a very well respected Taiwan seller.. I have bought and sold from him over the years..

When I see a Taiwan auction, if it's his, I have no problem putting a nice snipe in..
IF I was in the market for that card and I had noticed it was from Taiwan I would have given a much lower bid. Sorry it is the bad rap buyers have given that country I also have never heard of the seller. Now I know he is on the good side.

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I've had nothing but good experiences buying from Taiwan. I'm happy when I see a card I want is being sold from Taiwan because I know other people will bid lower and I might get a deal. It takes longer to ship but it's not like I'm in a big hurry with cards for my collection.

The only issue is that once in a while I'll get something that has to be signed for at the post office, which is a bit annoying since I can only make it down there on Saturdays. Most of the time that doesn't happen, though.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I have purchased three items from Taiwan. I have never seen any of them. And all three sellers closed their PayPal accounts before a refund could be given.

This is why Taiwan has a bad reputation.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^sorry to hear that. i've actually bought a few times from Taiwan and personally never had a negative experience. but I might be the exception.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I've purchased cards from lan.3, and other sellers from Taiwan and never had a problem.

On a side note, the last card I bid on from them was a printing plate. I owned two of the other Plates, and figured that since this one was from Taiwan it would sell for about the same, or less, than the others. I really wasn't expecting it to sell for $3 more than the other two COMBINED.

Members online