Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looks like Johan Santana's career may be over - Will miss all of 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Y! SPORTS

NEW YORK (AP) -- Johan Santana may have thrown his final pitch for the New York Mets and perhaps even the last of his big league career.

The Mets said Thursday the two-time Cy Young Award winner probably has re-torn the anterior capsule in his left shoulder and likely will need a second operation that would sideline him for the entire season. Santana missed 2011 following his first shoulder surgery.

Looks like the No Hitter last June might have been the cause... Santana threw a career-high 134 pitches that night in his second consecutive shutout, but was 3-7 with an 8.27 ERA after that, including 0-5 with a 15.63 ERA after throwing eight scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers on June 30.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Yeah I had a feeling he would be done after last season, he just wasn't the same after his no-hitter.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I was thinking about this the other day after Brandon Webb retired, about how a lot of the pitchers that were dominant in the 2005-2008ish periods are now out of the game, or struggling at an early age. Webb's career is over, Carpenter and Santana's very well may be, Lincecum hasn't been the same. Peavy had all the injuries, but seems to be doing well now. Oswalt and Zambrano also pretty much done for. I'm sure just a bunch of coincidences, but interesting nonetheless.

Latest posts