Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rate my ONLY fantasy team this year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Hey all, I went in somehwhet unprepared, but had about 10 targets in the mid to late rounds and got a bunch of them. I have always made my team in the last 5 rounds, the year Cargo first blew up? He was my last round pick. So I am shooting for that again!

I am one who drafts for upside, NOT on name recognition. Probably the biggest downfall I see among fantasy players is drafting the (older) guys you know and are comfortable with, rather than the upside of a more unknown quantity.

C - Salvador Perez (huge fan, think he will be a top 5 catcher this year)
1b - Billy butler
2b - Jose Altuve
SS - Elvis Andrus
3B - Evan Longoria
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Jacoby Ellsbury (my risk pick)
OF - Jay Bruce
U - Allen Craig
U - Josh Willingham

Bench
Mike Morse
Ben Revere
Brandon Belt
Pedro Alvarez

SP
Cole Hamels
Jordan Zimmermann
Brandon Morrow
Jon Lester
Wade Miley
Julioe Teheran
Hisashi Iwakuma

RP
Addison Reed
Jason Grili
Steve Cishek
Jose Veras

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Looks solid to me! I'm a big fan of Reed, but wasn't able to snag him in either of my drafts. I was able to get Iwakuma late in both of my drafts... I think he will have quite a nice season, if he can get some run support. Love Perez, but I am a little bitter as he got hurt last year 2 days after my draft when I took him as my catcher. How many teams in the league? I assume this is a head-to-head points league?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Looks solid to me! I'm a big fan of Reed, but wasn't able to snag him in either of my drafts. I was able to get Iwakuma late in both of my drafts... I think he will have quite a nice season, if he can get some run support. Love Perez, but I am a little bitter as he got hurt last year 2 days after my draft when I took him as my catcher. How many teams in the league? I assume this is a head-to-head points league?

Head to head, 10 team league

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Head to head, 10 team league

Okay, not too bad for sure! I personally don't like 10-team leagues, especially in baseball... doesn't take as much skill, since there is so much talent still available on the waiver wire. I prefer 14-16 team leagues, though my local league seems to only be able to get 12 each year. While I am VERY high on Miley and was initially targeting him this year, any pitcher with a "dead arm" in Spring Training scares me. But, he could be a great pick, depending upon where you drafted him. I still wanted to draft him, but not nearly as high as he went in each of my two drafts that I posted.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
So there should be room for improvement if you need it.

But excuse me..... But who is your closer of that group of pitchers. I have not followed, who maybe or was converted to the closer role during spring training.

He has 4... Reed, Grili, Cishek, and Veras. Granted, there won't be very many save opportunities there, but the other side of it says they won't be on the winning end of many blow-outs, so anytime they have a lead late, it will most likely result in a save opportunity.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Here is my only team. this is a 16 team keeper league where you are allowed to keep 8 players.

C Lucroy
1B Edwin Encarnacion
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Starlin Castro
3B Martin Prado
OF Carlos Gomez
OF Tyler Colvin
OF Josh Willingham
Util Torii Hunter
Util Michael Saunders
Util Chris Nelson
Bench Brandon Crawford, Devin Mesoraco, Nolan Arenado, Christian Yelich

Pitchers:
SP Matt Cain, Jon Lester, Jason Vargas, Tommy Milone, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Tommy Hanson, Jake Arrieta, Lucas Harrell
RP Aroldis Chapman, Santiago Casilla, Casey Janssen, Rex Brothers, Wilton Lopez
Bench Tyler Skaggs, Jameson Taillon

My team looks kind of pathetic on paper, but I'll probably pick up someone good on waivers at some point, and I've come in 3rd two years in a row.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Okay, not too bad for sure! I personally don't like 10-team leagues, especially in baseball... doesn't take as much skill, since there is so much talent still available on the waiver wire. I prefer 14-16 team leagues, though my local league seems to only be able to get 12 each year. While I am VERY high on Miley and was initially targeting him this year, any pitcher with a "dead arm" in Spring Training scares me. But, he could be a great pick, depending upon where you drafted him. I still wanted to draft him, but not nearly as high as he went in each of my two drafts that I posted.

Yes, I prefer at least 12, we had 2 last minute back outs.....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Miley, Teheran, and Jose Veras were my last three picks. Should hopefully get good value out of them.

Latest posts